Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Crosshair sights >

Crosshair sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crosshair sights

Old 02-15-2002, 11:56 AM

Default Crosshair sights

Anyone use/have experience with crosshair sights? What do you like or don't like? I am getting back into bowhunting after 4 years away. I have always felt more comfortable with the crosshairs of a scope, and never found a pin sight I liked.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:30 PM

Default RE: Crosshair sights

270bolt I love crosshair sights I had Martin crosshair's and changed to pin because of the fiberoptic's and now I am going to go back to crosshair because (a web site someone told me about) there are now crosshair's that are fiberoptic www.timberline-archery.com

good luck and God bless
Old 02-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2002, 03:22 PM

I also like a crosshair sight. I recently bought one from Timberline and it looks like a pretty good one. I haven't had the chance to shoot with it yet. Timberline is the only company I know of that still makes a crosshair sight. My old crosshair sight was made by Martin, but they don't make it anymore. If you order a sight from Timberline, make sure that you request one that is "blemished". Usually very minor flaws but quite a nice savings from full price.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

54 I use to shoot a sight very similar to this but it was only attached to one side and would tend to bend the horizontal fibers. This sight appears to be mounted on both sides which sould illimate the problem I was having. In the picture it appears the fibers might be a little bulky, but I will definetly check them out. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:14 PM

i hunted for 8 years with my crosshair sights. i loved them i shot excellent groups and it seemed natural after all my gun time. i just switched this year to the trophy ridge . the crosshairs i had were very hard to see in dense timber and low light. if they came out with a crosshair that was as easy to see as the trophy ridge id buy them.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:32 PM

URLACHER
i ran acrooss a set of cross hair sights you may want to check out..type in( tr 10 crosshair sights in your tool bar)