Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A few of my mount pics >

A few of my mount pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A few of my mount pics

Old 03-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A few of my mount pics

Beautiful mounts proff.Someday i will be getting a full body mount done,which im lucky because the wife wants one also.Unfortuanetly my house isnt big enough to accomodate one just yet,maybe in a couple more years when i sell and buy another.Here my taxidermist said he would do one for me at around $1500.00.He has already done 3 deer heads and a fish already,gotta love the fine work and detail they put into them,that what makes me keep going back to him as well.Please be sure to show the pics of the fox and coyote when they are done.Again nice mounts and congrats on the fine bucks
Old 03-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

SWEET
Old 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! I hope those things are in your LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!! I just know that my wife would not allow it...
Old 03-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I think a full body mount around here is running like 2 grand. He does good work for that price.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Epuller, they are actually in the basement. We have a full finished basement with a really big living room and then this good size room off of it so I was lucky enough to get my own whole room to have a trophy room. The whole basement is done in the barn siding so it is really outdoorsy, then the upper floors are modern so we have the best of both worlds. She lets me do what ever I want in my room as long as there are no "dead animals" in the other areas of the house. My wife is really cool about my bowhunting addiction ( besides she bowhunts some herself) so I am a very lucky man.
I forgot to post it in the first post, but everything that I put in the mounts scenes came from the exact spot that I got each of them. In the corner half mount scene you can see the two saplings that are rubbed. I actually watched him rub those a few days before I got him. Then there are 2 fenceposts with some barbed wire hanging down between them on each side,( you can't see them that well on the pic) they came from where he entered the woods at. The farmer told me to go ahead and take them, he is a really good friend.
On the full mount, if you look in front of him you will see a scrape with a part of a branch in it, plus some corn picked corn stalks etc and then a bunch of leaves and stuff. well I shot him on the edge of a woods and picked corn field. I watched him make a scrape for a few minutes right before I drilled him. He broke that section of the limb off and it was laying in the scrape so I saved it and put it in the mount. I actually took a mounted deer hoof and made the scrape in the dirt on the base so it would look more realistic. There is also a fencepost in that mount also. The dirt is real dirt out of the field behind my house ( de wormed of course) with a bunch of elmers glue mixed in. The glue makes the dirt dry real hard but doesn't change the color at all. I really had alot of fun making the bases and the scenes.
I will post a few pics of the 2 that are closer so you can see the details a little better. In the corner mount the fence posts have the 2 small racks sitting on them. They really blend in with the barn siding . I am glad you guys enjoyed seeing them.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Here are the closer views. I promise I won't post any more pics of them. I am having fun with this scanner
Old 03-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics and habitat scenes.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

test

Old 03-23-2004, 07:40 PM

Proff, your wildlife studio looks incredible. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

BEAUTIFUL MOUNTS I WANT A FULL MOUNT NOW. GOOD JOB

Quick Reply: A few of my mount pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.