Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think??? >

Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Old 03-21-2004, 11:54 AM

Default RE: Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

I use one and I like it. The new ones have softer bristles that should be easier on fletchings. I bought one of the new replacement biscuits to put on mine last week. I haven't had time to trim the back flat yet. I use the drop tine modle and have had no problems with mine.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:37 PM

BHF:

Do not let some of the "forum elitists" get to you.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:35 PM

I love my whisker biscuit!!! I shoot a Browning Micro Midas III and it only decreases your arrow speed by 2 fps... atleast thats with my setup ( 40#,24" draw )
Old 03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one and swear by it for hunting--i'll always have one on my hunting bow.jmho.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:14 PM

I have had nothing but positive experiences with my WB rest. It sets up simple, tunes easily, draws silent, shoots straight and quiet, holds arrow at any angle, and hasn't ruined any of my fletches yet on same arrows for 9 months of shooting.

I hope you have similar experieces with it because IMO it is a great hunting rest.

I shoot a Bowtech Patriot single cam and last time I checked it slowed my arrows 2-3 fps which is less then most string silencers will do and no one has a problem putting them on their bow.

I have used prong and drop away rests and none made my groups any tighter........the WB has been like my Popeil Rotisserie.........I just "set it and forget it"......no tinkering with it every other week. Haven't touched it since getting it dialed in day one. Still stacks arrows as far as I am willing to shoot.

Good Luck
Old 03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

I can't say for sure, because I don't use one, but I would think that if anything touches my feathers, it would slow the arrow down somewhat. Also, I've heard that fog/frost can have an affect on the whiskers. They freeze up some and sometimes make some noise when you draw your bow.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:39 AM

Why don't we ask Chuck Adams what he thinks. Ok........So Chuck, what do you think about the Whisker Biscuit? If you have one, did you use it during any of your Grand Slams??
Old 03-22-2004, 05:05 AM

yea thats the really cheap whisker biscuits that freeze, but if you get a good one then itll always stay tru... well gotta go to the bus stop right now
- SQ
Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I realy like the WB, me and a friend have been using them for 3 years and have had great luck with our groupings. I have had no problem with fletchings getting torn up but my biscuit has a ton of shots through it if that matters. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a relatively good perspective of them. They are a simple to use and setup design that provides for a somewhat quiet draw and excellent arrow containment.

Quick Reply: Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.