Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pictures of arrow >

pictures of arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pictures of arrow

Old 03-18-2004, 11:21 AM
nub

Default RE: pictures of arrow

Rack; He ment pics of your arras, not your wife's.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's mine

(1)

(2)

(3) With Lumenoks

I love Lumenoks.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:39 PM

Are the lumenocks all they're cracked up to be? What impact does the weight have on accuracy moving forward of center further back on arrow?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are the lumenocks all they're cracked up to be? What impact does the weight have on accuracy moving forward of center further back on arrow?
I haven't tried them yet but I have a huntin video that has a couple of the hunters using them and from what I've seen they work great. Normally I have to wait for them to show the shot in slow mo. Not with the luminocks! I'm impressed!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ones I'm using this year are significantly lighter than the ones I used last year. Obviously it affects the weight and FOC but at the ranges I shoot at deer, I had no ill effects whatsoever. I would imagine if you shoot out to 35-40 yards or beyond, then yes, it could cause flight problems. The Lumenoks only add 18 grains to my arrows, and while it is all on the back of the arrow, I have seen no negative effects out to 35 yards so far. They are the bomb when shooting in the woods though, especially at dusk/dawn. No second guessing where your arrow hit (or missed).
Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM

All the arrows pictured look very good.

Rack Att. I've been looking for an alternate rap for the commerical ones. Where did you get the bumper sticker paper?
I tried auto body tape and it worked but I like opion of chesting the raps which that materail did not afford on the printer? Great idea.

Sleepy,
I use Tracer nocks and took a nice 6X6 Bull Elk this year with them at 33 yards. I have my pins set for out to 45 yards and they group well there with the Tracer nocks. I make up my own practice nocks by weighting regular nocks to match the Tracer nock weight. It saves on battery life and if you end up shooting one of your nock off because of grouping it keeps the cost down.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:17 AM

Logs,

I buy them at Office Max (Staples, printer shop). They come in 8.5 X 11 sheets - 6 sheets for $9. 2 sheets can do 1 doz arrows. Much cheaper than comercial wraps. But...............

They are not water proof. And they will fade a bit in the sun. They also are not as scratch resistant as the good ones.

As long as you do not soak them they seem to last fine. I hunted with the same 5 in my quiver for months, with no damage.

I recommend Goat tuff with them - I have used other glues (fletch tite) and did not get as good a stick as with Goat tuff.

Another great thing about them is they just peel off like butter when its time to refletch - no more scraping.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:04 PM

Rack, what program on the computer are you using? How do you get your designs and everything? I think thats really neat, but im not big into all the graphics on computers so i have no idea how to do that. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:59 AM

Rack Att, thanks for the info. I did some experimenting over the weekend and made some wraps. They came out very well.
What Im going to try now before fletching them is to put a coat of clear fletch-lac on the wraps to water proof them and ensure the fletch-tite holds better. Once Im done I'll post some pics.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:01 AM

Rack, what program on the computer are you using?
Photo-shop

Good Job Logs - let me know how the clear finish works