Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting blind- help/questions >

Hunting blind- help/questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting blind- help/questions

Old 02-14-2002, 06:19 PM

Default Hunting blind- help/questions

I am looking to get a single person/two person blind for turkey/deer bow and gun hunting. A do it all.

I do not want a "shootthru"/Invisiblind.

Are the larger blinds better? Is the black interior important?

Does anyone like the Ameristep outhouse or doghouse?

Doublebull is great but large and EXPENSIVE. I'm just looking for the best do it all blind for the buck.

any opinions are greatly appreciated...

Old 02-14-2002, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Hunting blind- help/questions

JWhite, I am in the same boat as you. A friend of mine hunted out of the "Outhouse" this past year and seemed to like it fine. He killed a couple deer from it and had several around him. He did say that if he had it to do over, he would get the "Doghouse" by Ameristep, which is a little bigger. I, like you, have been looking at the Double Bull blinds and they seem really nice, but the price is too much for my wallet. I plan to do more a lot more research on it before I decide.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:37 PM

I bought the Ameristep "penthouse this and it worked great it wlii fit 3 adults pretty easy.And if you have kids and they go with you they don't always have to sit still.It's that big enough.I got it out of the Cabela's catalog on sale for $199.99 Also I had deer moving by me at about 10 to 15 yds.away and I don't have the black inside.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

What huntflinger00 said goes for me to, best
hunting tool I have is my penthouse blind
I bought mine direct cost me 300.00 go to
cabelas thats a good deal!!
Old 02-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were going to spend the $300 for a blind than I would hands down pick the T2 Double Bull.With a black backed Predator Deception camo blind with 5 windows and a 52" front panel of shoot thru mesh,this is one heck of a blind.Add the few second set-up and this really becomes a favorite.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:07 AM

I wrestled with the same decision two years ago. There are more options today, but I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Double Bull 500 model. Mine doesn't have the black interior because I didn't want to have it any warmer inside when the weather is hot. I too hated to spend the extra bucks but I think it is the best buy for the money. I have hunted in some windy conditions and my blind was awesome; can't say the same for my buddies.
Good luck!
Old 02-15-2002, 12:43 PM

Why not build your own blind. The only downside is that it isn't portable. You can make it big and you can actually insulate it. That way in the cold it is warm and in the warm it is cool. You could make shooting holes where you need them, as big as you want them, and as many as you want. The deer and turkey will get used to seeing it.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 02-15-2002, 04:01 PM

JWhite,I've got a Ameristep Doghouse that my 5 yr old son and I use for turkey and deer hunting.Works pretty good.Folding it up the first time is kind of interesting.But that's why they put instructions in the case.If hunting in any wind,you might want to change the stakes.Buy longer ones.The Doghouse isn't black in the inside but still hides any movement.We had a hawk fly down and take our turkey decoy last year while my son and I were in the blind.Talk about a low fat diet.Not much meat on a decoy.Anyhow our Doghouse works.Costs anywhere from $100-$140.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:52 PM

I to was in the same boat but I decided to go double bull. The thing that sold me was the quality of the zippers, I went to gander mtn and checked out the doghouse and penthouse but they both were starting to show ware in the zippers from being display models.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:15 PM

I have a Double Bull blind. I think it would be hard to beat.

Quick Reply: Hunting blind- help/questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.