Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Scents and Lures??? >

Favorite Scents and Lures???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Scents and Lures???

Old 03-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Scents and Lures???

I'll have to give the mock rubs and licking branches a try this year! Thanks shed33!

I have had great success with the Buck Fever buck urine. I've had bucks and does hit my drag trails and do a 180 and come back down the trails.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfanatic,

As a buckfever synthetic user, Have you personally ever watched a deer shy from your set up or had any negative responses? Just curious...

I think the major factor in negative response to a set up is human scent as well. Are you pretty careful with your own scent?

The drag rag is a nice idea, I havent done this much, but I do pour BF Rut urine on my rubber boots on my way to a stand during the rut. One time I came back to a stand a few days after doing this. I noticed in my tracks in the snow a set of deer tracks right on top of my boot tracks. Big deer tracks..and several small saplings were torn to pieces along the way...it was an awesome sight.... The deer had followed my scent trail all the way from my stand to where I had exited the woods that evening and then had followed my mile hike out to where my quad was parked... I was pretty impressed... that that deer had tracked me like that ...He either was one smart deer and had me pinned...or he liked the BF urine! Later that day...after seeing all this..my neighbor shot his biggest buck ever (grossed 151 4x5) about 200 yards from my stand! I still wonder to this day if it wasnt that buck..

Good luck
Shed
Old 03-16-2004, 09:57 AM

I used some of Rush Creek's deer lure this year thanks to Sunset, a member here, that owns it. I had good response to it every time I used it.

www.rushcreekdeerlure.com

PS you can listen to Shed, he has his credentials

timba
Old 03-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Timba, where you been hiding out
Old 03-16-2004, 01:11 PM

My husband has used Rush Creek Deer Lure, and it's worked wonderfully. He's a distributor for the company here in Ontario, and we've had quite a bit of success with the lure. He didn't get a deer, but it did bring in a bear last season. Go figure. He had deer come in on the lure, but none were worth bringing home.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:47 PM

shedd33

I have been thinking about using the BF scents and I noticed you said you buy it by the gallon. Do you use the whole gallon in one season or are you able to use it over several seasons. I hate having to buy several bottles of scent every year because one isn't enough and I always end up throwing out some of the scent because I don't want to use the next season. I guess I'm just cheap!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go through a lot of "vanishing hunter" per season, but as for the rest of the urines and what not a gallon will last me at least 2 maybe three seasons.

The great thing about Buckfever Synthetics unlike protein based scents from live deer..........BUCKFEVER never rots or gets that outhouse smell to it from sitting on the shelf after being opened. You can use it from season to season!

Shed
Old 03-16-2004, 03:05 PM

I like Bob Kirschner's SilverTop and James Valley Lethal Weapon.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

James Valley Scents Lethal Weapon and Wall hanger Gels have put a handful of P&Y class bucks down for me. These are the ONLY scents that I've personally tried that actually seem to WORK!!!! Better try a bottle or two, buy the GEL.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:09 PM

Like timba I tried Rush Creek as well this year. Personally I hate lure they don't work spook deer and STINK to high heaven. I almost through my bottle of Rush Creek away but decided to give it a try. It actually works I used it all season, all the guys I hunt with used it and we all had good results. One buck they my best freind took using it won a local big buck contest. Try em and see what you think.

Quick Reply: Favorite Scents and Lures???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.