Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do >

What would you do

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do

Old 03-06-2004, 05:51 PM

Default What would you do

Say there is a huge buck 18 points on your land. It is 2 months after season closed. It will die a couple days before season opens. You are out scouting with your bow and you see him at 20 yards. You know you can make the shot. Would you shoot him even though the season is over, or pass him up?

I wouldn't shoot it. How about you guys?
Old 03-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What would you do

Pass it up, look for the sheds latter.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:20 PM

What is this a trick question? our statement that it will die in a couple of months bothers me. Maybe it will due to hardship of winter or predertor. But it is neither here nor there what it's furture is. I get really upset with people that think it's ok to violate the game laws especially under the assumption that they know what is best for the animal in question. Of course you pass it up. If you don't you are just another poacher, and I am afriad that we have too many out there already.

It is never OK to shoot an animal out of season without the proper permits to do so..
Old 03-06-2004, 06:39 PM

I was just seeing what kind of hunters are on this board. I would never shoot an animal out of season.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:30 PM

First of all....you shouldn't be scouting two days before the season. That should be done months before hand. Especially if it's your own property. Second of all, what are you doing scouting around before season with a bow in your hand?? LOL
Old 03-06-2004, 09:20 PM

No lol what I meant was you were scouting 2 months after the season closed. You knew the deer would die soon.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

So really are you an ethical hunter or not?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:14 PM

Wait a second. It's 2 months after the season closed and the bucks' gonna die a couple of days before the next season opens? Wouldn't that buck's doomsday be about 7 months later? Who could ever predict that?

Either way, killing a deer 2 months too late is TOO LATE, not to mention that nobody should be out "scouting" with a bow after the season. For me and everyone else on this board, killing a deer illegally even 2 minutes after the season is too late. There's no "gray area" when it comes to the law.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:23 PM

It's just a question. I'm just saying if you could kill it would you. I know I wouldn't. There are seasons for a reason. The only thing I will shoot out of season is a crow. The rules down here are kill them during season or if the season is over you can kill them if they are doing damage to crops.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:42 PM

I hunt grouse with my bow. I carry it when I scout because often times I see grouse whilst walking around the woods. Am I a bad person? You shouldn't jump Zak's case until you know the WHOLE story as to why he has his bow with him.

Personally I would NOT take the shot, as someone else said, I would look for sheds later and hope that he made it under my tree next season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.