Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What carbon arrow? >

What carbon arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What carbon arrow?

Old 03-05-2004, 08:37 PM

Default What carbon arrow?

Hey guys, I have been away for a while and am sort of out of the loop. I was hoping you could bring me up to speed on which carbon arrow is the latest and greatest these days. I have been admiring Blackhawk but I have no experience with them. I have some varied success with Beman ICS in the past but would rather try something new. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.................Crashman.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:41 PM

Default RE: What carbon arrow?

Though I haven't had any experience hunting with them, I like my Gold Tip Expedition Hunters.

They were only $29.99 at the local shop, I really like them.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:46 PM

Another vote for Goldtips.Been shooting XT 5575 Hunters for a couple of years and they shoot great.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

If you want perhaps the latest.......check out the new skinny Easton Axis arrows. After hearing good reviews in the tech forum, my local shop is fletching 1/2 dozen of the 340 size for me.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to second the suggestion of the Easton Axis arrow. I have been very impressed with mine, to the point where I might just retire my ACCs.[:-]

The Axis seem very consistent in weight, all broadheads I have installed in them spin perfectly, and they shoot well. The are a little heavier than some carbons, so if you are interested in the very fastest arrow, these are not it. My 29" 400s with vane weigh just over 400 grains. Shooting at a brand new Makenzie Aim Rite core, my 60# dual cam bow was driving these arrows through the core so the points were sticking out the far side. The other thing I noticed was that they pulled from the foam easier than any carbon I have ever shot. I have yet to see a down side to these arrows. If there is one, I guess it would be their small diameter, and fletch clearance. Mine are fletched with a left offset, so it is not a problem to shoot them with a prong rest or Starhunter. I'll probably fletch them with a full helical, and shoot the Whisker Biscuit. A drop away would work well with these arrows for those who like them.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:48 AM

I am shooting the 340's. 27" 4" feathers and 75 gr tips. 364grains.

68#
28" draw
278-280fps

And might I add, these are as tough as nails!!
Old 03-06-2004, 08:12 AM

I use Carbon Express cx hunters.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you'd be hard pressed to beat ACCs.

29" 3-60s, 4" feathers, cresting wraps, 100 grain tips, 409 grains @ 299fps w/my setup.

I have shot several deer with the same arrow over the years and they have held up perfectly. I've had the same 6 arrows for about 5 years.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:43 PM

Gold Tip XT's, 30.00 for half a dozen and straighter than any at that price. I shoot them and they shoot very accurate. They are made in the good old U.S.A. as well.

Old 03-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I've tried many different arrows and am now shooting blackhawks.I just started shooting them last year and they are VERY accurate and group great! (extremely fast as well)

Quick Reply: What carbon arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.