Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drop Away Rests, What do you think? >

Drop Away Rests, What do you think?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop Away Rests, What do you think?

Old 03-01-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Drop Away Rests, What do you think?

I purchased a drop away for my bow and it was a nap quicktune 4000 micro adjustable. The piece of junkwanted to shoot about 2 feet low from 20 to 30 yrds and i know its not the bow. so i messed with it for a few hours and my grandpa's archery shop ... him and i both, and it still was crap... so what do you think?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:17 PM

Default RE: Drop Away Rests, What do you think?

I strongly stand by drop aways. I have noticed an extreme difference in accuracy with them. It all also depends on what kind you buy as well. I took me three to find the one that I liked the best.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 PM

I dont like em for the same reason i dont like expandable broadheads. My thinking is the more little mechanical things that there are on your bow, the more there is that can go wrong when you draw back on that monster buck. But that's just my opinion.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drop aways are not the cure all to arrow flite problems or bow tuning. I have been playing around with differnt models and each has it's own set of "issues" I have not tried one of the NAP rests but see what I can do to get one for evaluation. Things to watch for are the cord and how fast the rest drops. Sometimes the cord can get in the way or have to much slack cuasing the rest to not raise up enough. You can also have it come up to far and point the arrow skyward. Most rests seem to have adjustments for this. I know NAP's reputation and I would say that it's probably not the rest it'self, but improper instalation or bow tuning causing your problems. You may want to give NAP a call and see if they can help you out.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a NAP 4000 on my bow for two years without a bit of trouble. Very easy to set up and tune. Also very strong, durable rest to boot. I would say that its something you are doing wrong with the setup. Believe me, I had the same problem with my Trophy Taker until I realized I was being a lunkhead when putting it on. Once I realized what I was doing wrong, it shoots perfectly now.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love my Trophy Taker!
Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

whisker biscuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 06:31 AM

Well i messed with the stuiped thing and i actually went through the directions doing it exactly how it said to do it and it was still messed up ..... so i just changed to an HHA Technaglide, its about the same as a bododle. The thing is a shoot compition and the much drop on an arrow doesnt hel much !
Old 03-02-2004, 06:46 AM

so i messed with it for a few hours and my grandpa's archery shop ... him and i both, and it still was crap... so what do you think?
That you and pop don't know how to set up a dropaway

Why do you think it was shooting low?
Old 03-02-2004, 06:52 AM

Trophy Taker is what I hear the best reviews on, and I have shot a couple before and like them. That is what I am going with.

Quick Reply: Drop Away Rests, What do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.