Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WARNING:  2004 BowTech Owners >

WARNING: 2004 BowTech Owners

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WARNING: 2004 BowTech Owners

Old 02-28-2004, 07:41 PM

Default WARNING: 2004 BowTech Owners

Don't, I repeat, don't move your string silencers up to about level with your wrist. I was just shooting and I had forgot that I had moved my string silencers up earlier! My wrist kept getting slapped, which was odd because this was the first time this happened with this bow! I kept second guessing my form and kept at it, shot after shot, sting after sting. Finally it stopped! I looked down and all the "arms" were off the silencer except the back one. Well, I turned that towards my wrist and shot again and yep, sting right in my wrist! Moved the silencer down a little bit and that no more slap!

Just a warning to you guys! Those arms on those string silencers stretch out when you shoot and will slap your wrist if you place them in the wrong spot!

On a bright note, tommorow I am going to the bow club to shoot and fine tune the bow!
Old 02-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WARNING: 2004 BowTech Owners

Buckmagnet you had me scared for a minute thought something serious had happened to your bow ,glad that's not the issue .

nubo
Old 02-28-2004, 08:32 PM

nubo,

Nothing serious at all. My wrist sure is feeling it though Just figured that I would let everyone know about those silencers so they don't move them up and have them slapping their wrist!

P.S (When you get your bow and put the stabilizer on it, p.m. me and tell me what you think)
Old 02-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only problem I've got with mine is the arrows are so fast I can't see them hit the target.

Tried to set up the new Vital Bow Gear rest today to no avail, so I, like Buck Magnet just slapped the old faithful NAP QT3000 and was shooting bullet holes in no time. And I REALLY wanted the VBG rest to work.

But I did shoot a few arrows through the chrono just to see what I could expect.

ACC 3-71 w/vanes/100 grain tips 430 grains/290 fps

ACC 3-60 w/wraps/feathers/100 grain tips 410 grns/299 fps

Easton Carbon Aeros Light Speed 340 w/vanes/100 grn tips 390grns/308fps

These speeds are with a string loop and tied in tru peep.

This bow just flat smokes. And it's almost whisper quiet and no hand shock and I don't even have my Stealth stabilizer on yet!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buck as soon as this bow arrives you'll hear all about it ,then you won't hear a thing for about 2 day's because that's how long it will take to pry it out of my hand's .hahahaYes when it arrives I'll get a pic on the forum and show it off to all you guy's .I noticed that The stealth sticker on my stabilizer when tightened faces the bottom so I think I'm goin to put a rubber washer or something so that when it's tight it will face out and not down ..

nubo
Old 02-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

then you won't hear a thing for about 2 day's because that's how long it will take to pry it out of my hand's .hahaha
Gee nubo only 2 days I thought it would be more like 2 weeks
Old 02-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hehe - I should of posted this one earlier. I've got a 1/2" gash on my left lower arm from string slap in part because of this. Those things are gone until hunting season.

Fritz
Old 02-29-2004, 07:18 PM

Tried to set up the new Vital Bow Gear rest today to no avail, so I, like Buck Magnet just slapped the old faithful NAP QT3000 and was shooting bullet holes in no time. And I REALLY wanted the VBG rest to work.
You should have saved some money and time by purchasing a Dalton 2000 of 5000 rest for your patriot. I challenge one of you Bowtechies to purchase this rest, Its awesome...
Old 03-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

beav, send me one. I'll try anything. [&:]
Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 AM

I dont work for Dalton or i would pdq

Quick Reply: WARNING: 2004 BowTech Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.