Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever have this problem? >

ever have this problem?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever have this problem?

Old 02-26-2004, 12:07 AM

Default ever have this problem?

I was at the archery club yesterday shooting. I was taking my last shot of the day and was just having a terrible day grouping my arrows, couldn't keep them from going left. Well to get to the point I shot my arrow and heard the sound of my arrowrest flining down the lane with the arrow, that's right, my bodoodle arrowrest just broke. The lefthand fin that holds my arrow just snapped off [:@][:@]. I was just wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen if anybody still has one of these rests. Ended up getting a new nap quiktune 4000. Have to get it set up because I have to go to a 3-d shoot here on sunday. Just had to get rid of a little penned up steam about the rest breaking.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ever have this problem?

That is a bummer deal. I haven't had my rest break yet but i know the feeling about hearing something else break like your last arrow [:'(]

Hope you get things fixed before your 3-D shoot and wish you luck
Old 02-26-2004, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a Bodoodle Pro Lite for spots all last year and this year with no problems. Is is possible that the rest moved, and your arrow was striking the prong on each shot?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never heard of this before ,you must have had a defect of some kind ,I'd contact the rest company just maybe a warrantee problem.

nubo
Old 02-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had that problem but my buddy that I shoot with alot broke two right fins last year and then bought the NAP also.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The earlier bodoodles had a thinner metal, I had the same problems when I used to shoot one, I was able to find thicker prongs for it. I will almost bet that the prong broke off at the bend spot. The other prongs held up alot better than did the thinner ones. But the thicker ones started to show stress cracks when I got rid of the rest. After that I went to the NAP quick tune, and have since gone to the Trophy Taker fall away. No more prong problems now.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 PM

I shot a bodoodle, the same rest for 8 years, the only problem I had is you have to keep an eye on the prongs, as they have to be replaced once in a while from wear. But I would say after this episode, you might be looking at some of the arrow rests that are being offered on the market now, as there are some really nice ones.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Man how much do you guys shoot? I've also had a bodoodle rest for 8 yrs, replaced it last year for a nap fallaway rest, the old rest was fine though, never had a problem.
It's like eating to much and wearing out a fork, elknut1
Old 02-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's called metal fatigue. Rests with thin, blade-type arrow supports are pretty susceptable to it, especially where the blades are bent. It's like bending a paper clip back and forth, over and over. Sooner or later, it will break.

Never had that problem with my Bodoodle, but I've broken several GKF StarHunters.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:00 AM

Do alot of practicing and 3-d shoots, the 3d shoots are alot of fun as alot of the targets are set up like actual hunting situations, tend to flip a few arrows from now till hunting season...

Quick Reply: ever have this problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.