Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is wrong with this stand? >

What is wrong with this stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is wrong with this stand?

Old 02-23-2004, 08:32 PM

Default What is wrong with this stand?

What's do you think is wrong with this deer stand?
Old 02-23-2004, 08:52 PM

Default RE: What is wrong with this stand?

Numberone Is it tied in? 2. There isn't a brace in the middle. 3. The branch above it looks as if you may not be able to stand all the way if you needed to. 4. If it is being used to get into the board stand I definately would not reccomend it! Maybe, I am wrong about the whole deal & this is a trick question?
Old 02-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

the top section is on upside down
Old 02-23-2004, 09:19 PM

Well it is in a patch of woods with alot of deer,,, "THAT'S A GOOD THING"

on a bush hog path,,, "THAT'S A GOOD THING"

leading from a backyard,,,,"THAT'S A GOOD THING"

next to a street called North Lacey in the City Limits of Jackson, Missouri. "THAT'S ILLEGAL AND THAT'S A BAD THING"
Old 02-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Too low to the ground. Should be on that tree 25 yards behind it on the edge of the thick stuff.[8D]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a lot wrong with it. For one it's right under an eyesore. Too low to the ground because someone forgot to put on the bottom section. Again, I'd relocate it closer to thicker cover. It's just too wide open. There are no armrests or padded seat. It's quite apparent that it isn't very comfy because noone is in it.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ladder should extend higher than the stand , so you step down onto the platfom.. It looks like one of the sections is leaning behind against the tree behind the ladder.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like someone wanted to hunt someone eles's stand but didn't trust the old wood and thought it was a good spot because a stand was built there so he put the other one up. Does that make sense?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:48 PM

Nothing wrong with the stand, but definetly something wrong with the hunter that uses it,LOL I'm kidding, it is too low in my opinion as if you want to hunt low to the ground get a ground blind, it is way to noticable if deer travel the path, you are sure to be the first thing they see. some dead branches wired to the ladder rails would help hide it and a camo cloth rap-around would help hide the hunter, height is my main concern. now that I have seen your answer I agree with the road part and all but how could any of us have known it was in someones yard just off a named street as the picture suggests it is in the woods, so aside from your answer, my answer stands as it is, get it up high or bring it down.

Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never have hunted from a stand so i'm just taking a stab in the dark here. Too long to the ground, no safetly lines, even looks upside down to me. The location is too open and looks like the deer would see the hunter even at great distances.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with this stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.