Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 camo is it needed? >

camo is it needed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

camo is it needed?

Old 02-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default camo is it needed?

Alot of chuck adams world records, p.y animals were took while wearing nothing but
jeans and plaid shirts or jackets. A buddy of mine took a nice 8 pt this year during
gun season with his bow while wearing orange vest and hat. I wear camo and I beleive
it helps, but movement or the lack of it is what gets the job done.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: camo is it needed?

I don't think you need camo. I believe that scent and a movement are a lot more important that camo alone.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't remember the link but there was a guy comparing a lot of the different camo available today and even a hawian shirt (very very bright). Believe it or not, when it was shown in black and white the hawian shirt was very effective camo.

So no, camo is not needed. I may just be hunting in hawian shirts and pants next season.[8D]

I'll see if I can find it again.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here are the pics of the hawian shirt.

The main comparison was for Predator against other camo brands. You can see the whole thing at: http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.html
Old 02-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Can you see me now. Ya'll got to forgive me, but I got a new photo editing software program and just have to try some of these fancy features. Man, it can do anything. I took some old photos that were all beat up, scanned them and then patched all the cracks, removed items from the picture etc. It is cool. Back to the question. It's not necessary... but it sure can help. I firmly believe that you'll get picked off more without it than you will wearing the appropriate color pattern. SOME camo just plain sucks...no doubt about it. Anyway, here's the picture.... can you see me now. THis is called embossed.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Nope, it's not necessary, but it does help in masking the movements and breaks up the outline.

Interesting article on the Predator camo...
Old 02-21-2004, 09:18 PM

Of all the things a tree stand hunter needs to worry about - Camo is at the BOTTOM of the list IMO
Old 02-21-2004, 10:06 PM

Big bulls thanks for the website very good article. as for camo it is needed but that does not mean you need name brand camo as the photo shows plaid breaks up well also don't look at your outfit as a human, look at it as your prey will.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:32 PM

I don't think it is needed, but it makes me feel more comfortable knowing I just might have that extra edge on an elk or deer...
Old 02-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Needed: No
Helpful: Yes

Quick Reply: camo is it needed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.