Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If You Could Live Anywhere??? >

If You Could Live Anywhere???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If You Could Live Anywhere???

Old 02-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If You Could Live Anywhere???

NOw see, I've been to Alaska. That wouldn't be my place at all. There is NO such thing as swimming. There's lots of nasty weather. The alcoholics outnumber the game animals. There are NO roads to access anything. Everything is a fly in. HEck the State capital only has something like 4.4 miles of road. With or without your own plane it's expensive and dangerous. You wouldn't believe how many people just disappear up there when taking a little plane ride. I'd much rather live in a state with 4 seasons(not 2), (I never thought I'd say this but...moderate weather, a variety of activities outside of hunting), decently long seasons. Maybe on the border or in the corner of 2 or 3 states. Plop me down in Illinois, Ohio, PA, NY, WV, Maryland, GA, ALabama... any number of places.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:15 PM

I'd go back to West Va. if I could make a good living.........
Old 02-20-2004, 08:14 PM

On my own 5000 acres, we are just wishing aren't we?
Old 02-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

All those places out west sound nice but 20 hours from the ocean ! I kind of like Maryland 2 ½ hrs east and sitting on the beach 3 hrs west and looking at some pretty nice hills, unlimited doe tags, a dozen or so buck tags ,30# stripers in the bay not all that uncommon , yellow fin tuna ,dolphin and an unbelievable amount of other things swimming around out there less than 4 hrs away. Now if we could just figure a way to get rid of some of the people around here. Tree huggers so thick here that you can’t swing a dead cat around with out hitting one .
Old 02-20-2004, 08:44 PM

I think Hawaii would be fun and interesting!!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:45 PM

I changed my mind. I would stay in southern Ohio. Good fishing, hunting, and weather.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live right where I want too, on top of a mountain on the Montana and British Columbia border looking at the Rockies surrounded by wildlife here on the property, I pinch myself every day to make sure I'm not dreaming. Bobby
Old 02-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would move back to Florida in a minute. I lived there for 4 years then my wife missed her mother and we moved back to Nj. So in a few years I will be back in Florida. Some deer, great hog hunting. The best fishing. Love saltwater fishing. So off to Florida I would go. But if not there then Montana.

Brian
Old 02-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can I move in with you Bobby?
Old 02-21-2004, 06:04 AM

When I retire, I'd like to pull a John Stienbeck. TRAVELS WITH CHARLIE is a book about the famous author just bumming about the Fruited Plain. My version would be year by year traveling to unique hunting and fishing spots throughout our great country. I'd like to meet up with the men and ladies that make this forum such a hoot. It would be great to meet them and have a hunt or fishing expedition with them. What a dream and what a superb experience it would engender. TRAVELS WITH JIM might never become a best seller but for all the hunting and fishing afficionados out there it would be a fine read about our passions, dreams and friendships.

Quick Reply: If You Could Live Anywhere???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.