Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many deer..... >

How many deer.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many deer.....

Old 02-16-2004, 05:07 PM

Default RE: How many deer.....

37 in 30 years,15 bucks. Most have come in the last 10 years.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:28 PM

First deer with a bow this Jan-04. It was a spike, during the "Special Late Season" (does and spikes only)
Old 02-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken a total of 12 with my bow, includes 2 P&Y, one of which is a mule deer, and the rest were does. I've been bow hunting 4 seasons now!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

This would be my 28th year bowhunting.
The first few wasted on imaturity and stupidity (mostly stupidity). I'd have to say right around the 25-30 mark. There were alot of years in the begining where you were only allowed one deer. But there has also been years (within the last 10 or so) where I've taken as many as three. The last three years I've been content with one deer for my freezer with my bow and one with my gun.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I couldn't tell you but a bunch. My best was when I took out momma and the two bambies. The two just wouldn't leave. That was a long time ago when I hunted for meat. Now, I just don't feel like dealing with them. I'll talk myself into killing a deer before I hunt only to talk myself out of it during my hunt. Go figure.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many deer with a bow, well lets see, there has been so many, I have a hard time remembering for sure. But if my memory serves me right, I believe it is still only 1! LOL
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

2 years bow hunting, 4 deer 2 does 2 bucks.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:36 PM

How many this year, last year, or lifetime? You really weren't specific.

Anyway, I shot 24 this year. 20 were with my bow. The highlight was shooting those two 8 point bucks 10-15 seconds apart.

Last year I missed the first part of the season due to surgery. I was still able to shoot 24 as well, but only 18 were with a bow.

I could check my records for years earlier, but they weren't quite as good. I think I shot about 18 two years ago and 12 the year before that.

All in all, I'd say I've arrowed between 75-100 with a bow. The past three years have been phenomenal. I'm already looking forward to next year. I've missed a lot of action while teaching my son how to hunt; but, it's WELL worth it. Take a child hunting - it's a thrill.

Now Davidmil, that's another story. He's been slacking here lately. Don't tell him I said that.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say, Around 50-60, I don`t really know, I have 22 bucks on the wall between the livingroom and garage, and some smaller racks still in boxes that i never put on the wall,but i also have other animals taken with a bow, birds, squires, two fox squirles mounted! racoon`s coyote,two big hogs,turkey.greyfox.I will try to get some pic`s and post soon.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bump to the top. There are still a few guys out there I want to hear from.

Quick Reply: How many deer.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.