Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabela's Microtex camo..... >

Cabela's Microtex camo.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's Microtex camo.....

Old 02-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default Cabela's Microtex camo.....

anyone use it? If so, how durable and quiet is it? Thinking of ordering some this season in the outfitter camo design.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabela's Microtex camo.....

I have at least two Microtex outfits that I can think of. I have had the one in advantage timber for about 3 seasons. The other is in Cabelas Seclusion 3D and I just purchased it last summer. I like the fabric in terms of how colorfast it is as well as how quickly it dries after getting wet. They say that is resists burrs but I think it attracts them.... Also, if you are considering the insulated stuff then you may want to consider ordering a size larger than normal....especially in regard to the jacket. I ordered a 2XL insulated one and found it to be a bit small even though I normally wear 2XL jackets in everything else. The 2XL uninsulated jacket was fine though. Go figure.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one set, then a year later bought a second set. I own no other camouflage outfits. It works for me, but PABowhntr is right about burrs. They must have field tested it for burrs in the parking lot. They are very quiet, dry quickly, and are fairly durable. Just don't sit around the campfire in them, as they take on burn holes like nobody's business.

The burn holes bring up a story. I got lost on an elk hunt two years ago. I'd hiked into this canyon that I had only been in once before. I got into my camp site well after dark. Then, I left out hunting an hour before daylight the next morning, hunted all day and came back again after dark. Two hours searching for the tent put me up a goat cliff, so I gave up, slid down into the bottom, and built a little fire. Spent an uncomfortable night hunched over the fire with my space blanket over me. (That's where the burn holes come in.) Next morning, in daylight, I quickly found camp, 200 yards away!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:37 PM

Hey Dirt2 it sounds to me like you need a good GPS unit . . .[&:]
Old 02-17-2004, 12:14 AM

I have two sets and I like it ,dries fast no fading even after a lot of washing you won`t be dissapointed.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Banned

never used it but im interesting in hearing more on it
Old 02-17-2004, 04:44 AM

Microtex has been around for quite a while now and it is still my favorite camo material. As stated before, it is tough as nails, doesn't fade, is fairly wind resistant, dries very fast, and is quite as fleece. Yes, burrs will attach to it, BUT THEY BRUSH OFF EASILY. I just wish Cabelas would make some a different style parka or jacket with it and offer it in the Predator Deception pattern. The Outfitter Camo pattern mentioned in the original post is a very good camoflage pattern, though.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

BUT THEY BRUSH OFF EASILY.
Geez Olink...ya don't have to yell.

Outfitter camo...Predator deception? Yuck...who likes those horrible open patterns anyway.....
Old 02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I hate burrs, had some microsuede camo that absolutely hates burrs, but cannot find it in the camo of my recent choice.

Think I am gonna try that Microtex jacket insulated with thinsulate, in the outfitter camo design.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:28 AM

HEY, IF A GUY CAN'T COME HERE AND YELL ONCE IN A WHILE, WHERE ELSE CAN HE GO?

Yeah, Frank you are right. I just tell everyone how great those patterns like Predator are so I can laugh at them in their silly camo when I see them in the woods. Funny thing is, I never see anyone in Predator. Hummm, there must be guys out there wearing it.......

Quick Reply: Cabela's Microtex camo.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.