Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT users

Old 02-16-2004, 09:37 AM

Default ASAT users

i was curious at to what kind of cover everyone that uses ASAT hunts in? pines, hardwoods...etc.... i saw them at the harrisburg show and i am really considering buying a suit. i hunt a lot of hardwoods and pines and i was wondering how the color difference actually made a difference like they said at the show. thanks
Old 02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ASAT users

I use both the 3-D suit and a fleece one. I think that you'll find that ASAT works well in any situation. It seems to me that ASAT blends in well in different environments because it isn't made to look like a certain type of terrain, rather, its made to confuse the game animal's eye. A different approach to the problem altogether. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Legacy....
I use the 3D suit mostly in hardwoods here in PA and I have 100% complete faith in how this stuff performs.
I have had deer honestly look right thru me, head up looking for the source of the stupid noise I just made.[&o]
They simply cannot make out a human outline, hence no danger even when another of their sense tells them something is wrong.
There were times I felt like I could do jumping jacks in my stand and not be seen.(There's a mental image huh?)
I even had a nice buck feed within about 25 yards of me while I was kneeling in 6" high grass in th emiddle of a greenfield!
When the buck finally noticed something looked a bit out of place, he walked right to me and turned broadside looking confused at about 12 yards.
I couldn't quite see if he was legal (nice frame but Brows looked really small)......so I let him walk to grow up for another season,but I could have shot him 100 times over.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 AM

Just bought a 3D suit. Stuff seems awesome. I will be buying some Day One insulated fleece gear as well this year in ASAT. Just seems super effective and I can't wait to put it to use. TGK
Old 02-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use it in all types of cover. I haven't got to try it much in pines, but the one time I did I had deer within 30 yards and they never noticed me.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

i saw them at the harrisburg show and i am really considering buying a suit.
I saw them there as well. The entire crew had ASAT camo on while they were in the booth. They stuck out like a sore them....so I guess it does not work in "all terrain"......

I forgot to look for Chuck when I was walking by though I probably should have considering how friendly he has been on past occasions. I wore mine in mixed hardwoods last fall. It seemed to blend/blur very well with the leafless trees of mid November.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone ordered any ASAT from DayOne camouflage? I'm thinking about getting a pair of insulated bibs and was wondering how their clothes are. Also what material do you recommend?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 PM
kop

i've been using asat 3d leafy wear since 1993 it works anywhere you have too remember a deers eyes are totaly different from ours we can spot it like a sore thumb but if you don't move too much they just seem to look right through it like it's invisible too them and yes it will work in pines too
Old 02-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hi _03,
I just bought a pair of the mittens fron Day one, insulated w/ windblock, just to see what their quality was like.
I am very impressed with these mittens. Durable and warm. Well made.
I bought the buckswede material because I may buy the insulated bowhunting jacket from ASAT in the same material.
Dayone is expensive, but it is probably the last stuff you would ever need to buy, so in the long run it may be the most affordable.
FYI, I was talking to the guys at ASAT and they are looking to manufacture their own bibs from the buckswede! Be sure to e-mail them and tell them you are interested too.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 AM

These suits are great, I had some unbelievable experiences with it this year, even in early season when everyting was still very green. Personally, I feel ASAT is much better if used from a treestand, I had some mixed reviews regarding ground hunting, specifically against dard back grounds, the light color of ASAT seemed to stand out too much for me, and the 4 does that busted me that morning.

All in all, I think it is good camo, not sure about the seeing more deer guarantee, there's too many variables to accurately test that claim.

Quick Reply: ASAT users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.