Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is it possible... >

Is it possible...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it possible...

Old 02-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is it possible...

Instead of locking a topic when members start insulting other members , is it possible to just delete their replys and send them a warning so the members who were having a civil discussion or debate can continue to do so?

Sorry for not emaling you , but I'm having trouble getting up my email function on my work computer.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Is it possible...

This topic will probablly get locked because you "could private message a moderator", but honestly, I think that it is a great idea! Sometimes there is still alot of info that will be shared from both sides in a civil manner! Hopefully the powers at large will think the same way!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree 100%!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:15 PM

There could be a board made for debates.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:51 PM

If the insults are allowed without recourse, many will be very reluctant to post or, at worst, will leave the forum. I left H.I.S. forum a few years ago for similar issues and have not gone back.

I don't mind an argument. After all, how could I learn if not confronted with other opinions. I do find, however, that character and professional insults, and even innuendoes, can become disheartening. I don't have a 'thin skin'; but, why should I, or anyone, have to put up with such garbage?
Old 02-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do find, however, that character and professional insults, and even innuendoes, can become disheartening. I don't have a 'thin skin'; but, why should I, or anyone, have to put up with such garbage?
Exactly Len! In fact I was refering to the WB thread. I think it was turning into a good learning thread until the crap started. I just wish they could delete the garbage instead of locking the topic.

Oh well , maybe we can continue the Whisker Biscuit discussion in the future? The topic does come up every now and then.