Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery Fishing?? >

Archery Fishing??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Fishing??

Old 02-13-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Archery Fishing??

Does anyone have any tips on archery fishing? What Draw weight, arows, and blades should i use??? Also where is some good places to do this at??
Any tips and or info will help.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:16 PM

Default RE: Archery Fishing??

Well you could try in the water! Sorry had to say that.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:24 PM

Funny but I knew that got any good info???????
Old 02-13-2004, 05:29 PM

They make fish tips. Someone said that they have gar and carp. He said he always uses carp. What kind of fish are you after?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:40 PM

I wouldlike to go for some carp, cats, and big suckers.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I may be wrong here, but I think it is illegal to bow fish for catfish?!?! It would probably be best if you are new to get a kit. I think muzzy makes one and it comes with the reel, line, arrow, and head. They make a special head for bowfishing, and they make a fiberglass arrow specially for bowfishing I think also. Good luck
Old 02-14-2004, 06:45 AM

Just kiding about the cats.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:57 AM

im lookin into it my friend says to get a gar tip and the fish will stay on your arrow and wont get off so thats what to get on that and on the reel you can geta reel mount and get a 808 Zebco and put on there together thats like 20 bucks the arrow ranges from 7 to 25 bucks and the line is about 6 bucks. you might goto google.com and type in bowfishing and look at them peeps setups
Old 02-14-2004, 10:02 AM

Go to a bow shop and get the proper bow fishing arrow, tip and reel. It's a blast, but I wouldn't recommend using your hunting bow, b/c of the water, mud, etc. I have an old junk bow that I use. I just throw it around and don't worry about hurting it.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Actually, i think you can shoot mud cats. As for channels and blues im not sure.

Start with a kit. Drum reels work best i think, unless you wanna spend more money. Try to get arrows that have steel leaders on them, or put leaders on your arrows. Look for shallow water with good access from the bank. Normally below lake dams or near spillways is good. If youve got a boat, go to shallow coves in lakes and cruise slowly and quietly. Other than that, hold on.

Also, dont tie the line to your reel or bow! Leave it loose so if the fish takes all the line(and hes really big) he wont take your bow with him. I know a buddies bow is at the bottom of the ocean after shooting a 300 pound grouper.

Quick Reply: Archery Fishing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.