Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems? >

Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

Old 02-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

I was in a pro shop tonight shooting an Outback and was talking to the owner about considering a Bowtech. He said he would never even consider carrying the Bowtech line due to the problems associated with them. I quizzed him on it a liitle more and he told me that they were having problems with risers bending and limbs cracking. This guy is a well known local shop owner and he is also a master scorer for P&Y and B&C so I think his credentials are good. Can anybody shed any light on this? It could definitely have a huge influence on my purchase decision.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

I heard that too. I dont want to take any chances, so I will stick with Mathews. And look at Mathews reputation.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:21 PM

well all I can say is that I have owned three of them my wife owns one and the rest of my family has them and one of them is a dealer for bowtech and have no problems of such things this guy is saying. And this family member of mine was having problems of such he would not be selling them at all. This guy is giving you a load of B.S. IMO.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I agree bull crap is what it's called if BowTech was having this problem then you'd be seeing it posted in the Technical forum and I haven't seen it .The 2004's have just arrived and there hasn't been a whole lot of time for these type of problem's to arise ,I'm still waiting for my 2004 Patriot Dually to come The BowTech line has all new limbs and risers this season so ,what does this tell you.
I'd just say that the dealer just prefer's to sell Mathew's and will run any brand down in order to sell his favourite brand,this by no mean's mean's that he's not a good dealer and doesn't know what he's doing it just mean's he's a good dealer who doesn't know what he's talking about.

P.S. If BowTech had any issue's about thier limb's and riser's we would have heard about it here on Tech forum.

nubo
Old 02-12-2004, 11:28 PM

Yep, sounds like someone who is just pushing the brand that they prefer! I have seen it before. One pro-shop I went to last year sold Alpine bows, he RAVED about these things left and right! He kept telling me that they were the quietest and most shock free bows on the market, but when push came to shoove, he wouldn't even let me try one out! He also told me that the 03 BowTech Patriot had so much handshock that if you shot it without a wrist sling, it would literally fly out of your hand! Well, that spiked my interest so I went to the BowTech shop and shot one! The thing just sat in my hand, never budged! So, guess which company/proshop I bought my bow from!!!!

In all the BowTech posts that I have read, I have never heard a single complaint about the limbs or riser! The only complaints that I hear are MINOR things like "tiny white dots in the camo dipping". This year, I thought that I had a problem with fletch clearance from the cables, but, that was my error. Then, I noticed that I have some serving seperation in a few spots! I took them to my friend who is a target shooter and went to PSE shooting/tuning school and he told me that I was being paranoid. The few spots are just one strand that moved less than 1/32"!

Go to a Hoyt shop and ask them if they have heard any problems with Mathews, then go to an Alpine shop and ask them if they have heard any problems with Hoyts, then go to a High Country shop and ask them if they have heard any problems about Alpine........... of course they will say something bad about the other company.... they really don't care about what bow fits you, they are looking to make a sale.

Now, with that said, there are a few dealerships that won't push their brand by bashing others. I have only found two. They let their products stand for themselves! I would suggest finding a shop like this as they are more than likely going to give you better service!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:15 AM

And so the battle of the bows wages on! Each side never reminds themselves that their enemys choice is exactly that, THEIR PREFERENCES. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 02-13-2004, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

To all that replied. I was kinda thinking the same thing about not seeing any posts in the technical forum. I didn't recall seeing anything there but I don't see everything either. This guy was the same way about High Country a few years ago. One day he'd have a lot of High Country bows, 2 weeks later he wouldn't have a single one, saying the same thing about them. I guess I just wanted sone reassurane that this guy was blowing smoke.

Right now my purchase preference is:

1) Bowtech Patriot or Extreme VFT
2) Hoyt Razortec (This is still a very hard decision between this and the Bowtech)
3) Mathews LX or Outback (I have only shot the Outback and was suprised at the resonance/vibration after the shot)
Old 02-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Limb Problems = Mathews
Bent Risers = Hoyt

The 2 companies most threatened by Bowtech.

I find the above comments quite comical.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

BS
Old 02-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with the others. I have owned 5 Bowtechs to date and have not experienced any problems with the limbs or the risers on any of the models. In fact, prior to this year the risers were even beefier both in weight and design so it would seem even more improbable prior to this point.

Can you bend a Bowtech riser in a press if the press is used improperly? Sure you can. You can do that to just about any bow out there. Are they being shipped bent from the factory? No, I think not.

Bowtech has their limbs manufactured at Gordon Glass just like many of the other manufacturers. However, they have their own specifications for those limbs to be constructed to. Do limbs fail? Yes, I am sure they do. Has it been a problem for Bowtech at this point? No, not to my knowledge.

I like two of your three top choices....BT Patriot and Hoyt Razortec. Both are awesome bows. The Patriot's cam is a little stiffer to draw than the Cam.5 but it also generates higher speed levels and allows you to custom adjust the length of valley and percentage of letoff.

Either would be a good choice.

Quick Reply: Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.