Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit problem? >

Whisker Biscuit problem?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit problem?

Old 02-08-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit problem?

I just bought an original Whisker Biscuit and I am having a problem with the vanes clearing either the inside of the riser when the cock feather is up and then when the cock feather is out one of the vanes hits the bottom mounting bracket that the Bisuit goes into with the two allen screws. It is tearing up my vanes and ruining my flight pattern. What can I do to help this? Thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit problem?

Get rid of it I used mine for 1 month and took it off. My grouping was lousy. I never got it to where I liked it.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:32 PM
nub

Once again the search feature is sucking. Try dropping 5shot an email or pm. Seems I can recall him just posting a tell all on the biscuits. I tried to search for it, but came up empty. I think it was called something like "everything you wanted to know about the whisker biscuit". They work, you just need to a bit of help.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:34 PM

i love my whisker biscuit.....shoots great .......
Old 02-08-2004, 08:39 PM

First. What type of vanes are you shooting and how tall are they? What type of bow?

On my son's bow with the original WB and 4" Bohning vanes no matter which direction you turn the nock it will always clear the riser and the perimeter of the bisquit. His bow is a Martin Tiger and it has very little cut away on the riser.

Have you checked the center shot? This alone can cause strange things. Also, the WB will not tollerate underspined arrows.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM

Also, you need to take the time to make sure that the WB disc is perfectly parallel to the string. I have found on several different bows that the arrow should be perpendicular to the string.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:42 PM

As Nub mentioned there was a review of this product not too long ago, please click the link and read:

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...%2Cbiscuit񿛥

Please also read this article written by a good friend of mine:

http://www.twangg.com/whisker.htm

Good luck! Hope it helps!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 PM

Regardless how many different threads you generate on the same subject, the WB will remain what it is and you will probably hear the same remarks from the same people.

As for:

It is tearing up my vanes and ruining my flight pattern. What can I do to help this?
Simple! You can struggle with the simplicity of tuning it, keeping it tuned, and occasionally replacing fletch; or get rid of it.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:31 PM

I smelled this coming from a mile away.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it's hard to say without looking at the bow/rest combo. If you have the original WB and you have to rotate your nocks to keep the cock vane out to clear your bow and it hits the rest bracket you can "file" away some material off the bracket. I did this on my deluxe version last year. Just enough to make a cut out. I didn't need to do this to get clearance for that specific bow, but since I wanted to shoot the same arrows out of two differnt bows, one with the Deluxe version and one with the droptine version, I had to so that I could nock the arrows the same on both bows. I suggest geting some spray on powder and check to see wear the vanes are hitting. by rotating your nocks you should be able to eliminate the contact all together, unless you have an older bow or something else contributing to the problem. You may end up with the cock vane in any number of positions, but the main thing is to keep it from hitting anything but the bristles.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.