Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang on Stand

Old 02-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hang on Stand

The nice thing about the Lone wolf is that you can get a bunch of hooks and straps and setup several trees and it is a cinch to set the stand.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Lone Wolf hangers are great stands and I enjoyed the time I spent in mine this season. I actually have a decent selection of hang-on stands from seevral different companies, however the best ones I enjoyed hunting from ae also the best priced. The Cabela's XT Hang-ons are super stands. All the quality consrtuction you would expect from stands that cost alot more. They are simple, light, silent, and lock down very secure. Best of all I think they only run $60 and $70 apiece, meaning you can buy MORE of them for your deer woods. They are certainly worth many of you taking a serious look at. [8D]
Old 02-07-2004, 04:56 PM

I use an Ol'Man hang on. It is kindof expensive, but the seat is extremely comfortable for a small hangon.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

For those of you that use the gorilla stands bass pro in the bargain cave has the silver back aluminum on sale for 59.99 and 69.99 while supplies last. I bought 5 of them 69.99 models. never used them before so I hope they are good stands. I bought 2 lone wolfs from a place NIB for 170.00. Never used them before either but I will be set for next year.

I noticed that they are a little heavier than the gorilla silver back. I think the manufacturer rates the silver back at 10 lbs and the lone wolf at 10.5 lbs.

For those of you that use the lone wolf hang ons, do you use the hook system or not?

Have any of you had any squeeks or pops from the gorillas as they have mesh platforms?

From my first atempts at placing both stands on a tree yesterday, the gorilla was by far the easiest with one strap. the lone wolf uses a 2 strap system.

thanks for any feed back my questions.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ArkansasBowhunter, where in the world did you get 2 Lone Wolfs for $170? I've seen them lised for that price but for only one of them.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

My buddy found them at a store here in arkansas closing them out. They only had 2 left so asked him to buy em for me. This was after I had 5 gorillas in the mail from bass pro. Oh well, I heard so much positive stuff I thought I couldn't pass up the deal. I have only played with them once outside on a tree. With my limited time to put the gorilla and lone wolf up on a tree, the lone wolf was a tad heavier and more cumbersome as it used 2 straps instead of one like the gorilla silverback. platform space is about the same, however I am concerned that the gorilla will pop or squeek over time as it has the mesh platform. the lonewolf has the solid platform which may account for the slight weight difference. I would like some input from people who have and use both stands on the ease of use and whethere there gorillas platform pops or squeeks over time. P.S. don't miss out on the basspro bargain cave as that is a good price on the silverbacks!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I used a gorilla mess platform never squeak or squeal.Even with time,I used it for over 10 years no noise.Like the mess better than tube floor cause less slippery when snow on or mud under your boots.Prefer the chain type,faster to hang on.
Taureau noir[&:]
Old 02-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which is better: The lone wolf sticks of Summit sticks?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

Mike, I'm not that big of a guy. Only 19 years old about 6'1" and 180.
The headhunter looks nice. I already have a Viper climber and IMO Summits are the best stands out there. How comfortable is yours? I think it will be between that stand and a Lone wolf. I'm hoping to be able to find one cheap either on ebay or archerytalk's classified ads. When I do end up getting one of the stand I think I'm going to get the climing sticks to go with it. Not sure about either summits or lone wolfs there either.

You're just a little taller than I am so the extra 4" of seat height will be even better for you. The stand is very comfortable. The seat cushion is about 3" thick and it has a zippered pouch on the front which makes it nice for things like you hoist rope and such. I was very suprised at how stable the stand was considering that it attaches with a strap instead of a chain. You can also buy extra straps in case you move around a lot also. Once you get your steps in place it literally will take you longer to pull the stand up than it will to attach it to the tree. I don't think you'll regret buying this stand. As far as the steps are concerned, I can't comment on the Lone Wolf or the Summit steps, but I do plan on buying a set of the Summit Bucksteps very soon. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Rivers edge chain on no straps to play with. Only down fall seat is kinda thin not much cushion...
I have one of these too. My only complaint(s) is the hard seat and the noise of the chain while hanging it.

Quick Reply: Hang on Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.