Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it true

Old 02-04-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Is it true

I've heard that once you go bow hunting, you never go gun hunting. Has this happened to any of you? It has happened to me. I wouldn't hunt with a rifle because I like getting them in close. It's more fun. I would use a shotgun and get them in close. I held a bow and fell in love. I haven't touched my shotgun. I like bows.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Is it true

i have only been bowhunting 2 years but i really enjoy it. However i still lenjoy rifle hunting also. Bowhunting for me is just another way to extend my season and get a little more hunting in. But for plenty of guys i would imagine that they never pick up a rifle again. For me i like both because then i can spend the most time out there possible.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Yes, I can say I fell victim to this, on hunting elk, only way to go as far as I'm concerned... Nothing more exciting to have a big bull come charging in on top of you bugling and looking to tear the other bull to shreds when you bugle them in... And by the way ZAK, thanks for posting alot of different Topics, at least someone is keeping us running around the topic board, LOL
Old 02-04-2004, 06:42 PM

Sorry but my bow is getting fixed. I don't have it. What else is there to do? LOL
Old 02-04-2004, 07:19 PM

i've been bowhunting for about 4 years, and i have to say that having to get that close to the deer does add a little more excitement to it. But I can't say that i love gun hunting any less because i have bowhunted. I enjoy gun hunting just as much because, although you can shoot the deer from farther away, it still takes a tremendous amount of skill and patience to find that deer to shoot, especially if you only want to shoot a mature buck.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like bowhunting first of all b/c u get about 12 more times of doing it each year. plus u have 2 draw them in so much closer than with a shotgun or rifle it is more exciting. i get 2 spend a lot more time away from home and in the woods and get away from everything. it is almost like a relaxiation or meditation class.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy bowhunting more. But I enjoy filling everyone elses tags rifle hunting as well. I usually have my buck before rifle starts in Nov.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Actually for me I'm getting back into gun hunting for meat so that I can exclusively trophy hunt with a bow. Yeah the bow is a completely different passion.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:27 PM

If I ever had to choose between bow hunting or gun hunting, the choice would be easy - bow hunting. Bow hunting is truely the greatest way to enjoy the outdoors and challenge your abilities as a hunter. I haven't given up on hunting with a firearm though. I set my rifle aside and raise the bar significantly. I have switch to firearm hunting with a pistol. With the significantly shorter range, it is the closest I can get to replicating bow hunting during firearms season. I harvasted my first deer with a pistol this year. It was a doe at 15 yards. Same stand I arrowed my 160 class buck during bow season. I would recommend the conversion to all who enjoy bow hunting. The adreniline gets pumping when the deer are close.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, I still like to rifle hunt and hunt with the muzzleloader, too although bowhunting is by far the favorite. It is more of a solitary sport, whereas the rifle hunting involves more people around. I wasn't particularly happy this year with Oklahoma adding another week to the gun season.

Quick Reply: Is it true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.