Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Treestand Safety... >

Summit Treestand Safety...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Treestand Safety...

Old 02-01-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Summit Treestand Safety...

Does anyone have any information about how safe the summit treestands are....my dad and grandpa says i can't get one because they are not very safe....can anyone give me some safety information....a link...or just something you know...or anything...please...i want a summit revolution bad!!!!

PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summit Treestand Safety...

I have a viper xls, and it is by far the safest stand I have ever hunted out of, fixed,portable, or climber. It is vertually imposible to fall out of it because you are completly surrounded by a rail. In order to fall out you either have to slide out of the bottom, or jump out of it purposely, and both of these scenarios won't happen as long as you wear the supplied saftey harness. In other words, the only stand safer than a summit is the ground.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Perhaps maybe you ought to ask your dad and grandpa where they got there information from since they made the statement saying they are not safe. I personally have a viper xls and love it. It is by far the safest climber I have used. Any stand in the hands of the inexperienced can be dangerous. Get with someone who has one, a climber that is and get them to show you the ropes and watch the instructional video that may come with the stand you buy and always wear a safety belt.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Although I don't use a Summit climbing stand, Summit is well known for building quality stands and has been building them for over 25 years.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you follow the instructions and use the provided saftey harness you are going to be very safe. I would trust a Summit stand alot farther than I would any other manufactures stand. Of course any time your feet come off the ground you are going to be at some risk, but In my not so humble opinion Summit makes the Safest stands on the market. I would contact them and have them send out some materials to you, or maybe even have your dad contact them and speak to them directly about safety. I know they would be glad to help out any way they can. Of course I am saying all this without really knowing how old you are? I am assuming that you are old enough, and mature enough to use a climbing stand responably.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:57 PM

hey bow i have owned a summit viper for 2 yrs now and it is by far the most reliable and safe stand i have ever used, now being disabled i neede a stand that was safe as well as light and easy to use and my summit has never let me down if you want bud email me an i will even be willing to talk to them for ya [email protected] well my 2cents worth deadshot
Old 02-01-2004, 09:39 PM

I own a Summit Python and I have climbed in the Viper stands. I think Summit are a great and dependable stand company.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

out of all the stands out there i would personally rank summit at #1 at safety...
they are a great stand...
my son and i have used them for about 4 yrs now.... Just always make sure you wear your harness and use common sense and you will be fine....
Old 02-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had a Summit for about a year now and I can honestly say that I have not seen one issue that would offer a major saftey concern to the consumer. As for specific figures....your safest bet is to probably contact Summit directly and ask them for any info they can provide. I am sure that they would be more than willing to help in this endeavor.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Summit Treestand Safety...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.