Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about your local pro shop loyalty?? >

Question about your local pro shop loyalty??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about your local pro shop loyalty??

Old 01-31-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Question about your local pro shop loyalty??

Over the past year I have started using a proshop close by my home. In this time, I have bought a new LX, Several goldtip arrows, about 10 automatic feeders and accesories for them. All my sights, 3 different rest, several different broadheads. Everything that you need plus some. One thing I am have a problem with is, If I owned a bow shop I would not charge for things like peep sights, stringsilencers and such. They do! My biggest gripe is that I just put a Mathews rest on my bow. $90.00!!! When I paid for, they charged me $15.00 to put it on[:@]. Does everyone do this? I don't feel they should. I am not talking about everyone but the one that buys their bows there should get things like this. I just wanted to know if other proshops were like this and maybe if I had my own I would be out of business!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-31-2004, 06:39 PM

Default RE: Question about your local pro shop loyalty??

I agree with what you said. I am very easily persuaded and with a little attention I can be loyal as any customer ever thought about. But, as of now, I am free to shop around because I feel as if my business is not very important to them.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I buy from a local archery/pro shop and they charge me for installation of what I bought I will be shopping elsewhere next time.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most pro shops that I've been to, install what you buy as part of the sale. If you didn't buy it from them, then they would charge you to install. Sounds like you've dumped quite a bit of money there. If it was me, I'd probably expect a little better than that.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:37 PM

The shop where is just got my BowTech Liberty at is great. The owner, Jeff, is a great guy. I had got the bow from him, but I got all my accessories from the internet (as I was planning on taking them to my friend to get the bow set-up). Well, Jeff didn't care, he set-up my bow, helped get it all tuned up, gave me all the time I wanted on the range, and let me shoot through the chrono, and he didn't charge me a thing. He realizes that guys who get great service will tell their friends and it will bring more customers. Not only that, but he just loves archery and he loves seeing guys set-up the right way.

If I bought a bow from a shop, and they wanted to charge me to get it set-up with stuff I got there, then I would find a different shop. When I got my Hoyt a few years ago, I had got my accessories for it from Cableas. Well, the shop where I got the bow wouldn't even get the bow set-up, not even if I paid them. Also, they said that when I got the bow set-up, I could come back to their range and shoot for an hour. After that, I had to pay. Talk about a joke. I brought the bow home and my best friend and I set it up as best as we could. This was 3 years ago and I didn't know half of what I do now. Installing the peep was a pain. Thankfully the strings weren't twisted on that Hoyt so I was able to get a pencil between the strands and pop the peep in. Serving the peep in was a pain that took awhile to get set-up. Well, after that, I tuned it up as best as I could (which wasn't as good as I would have liked). To say that I was ticked about this place was a understatement. Granted, I didn't get my accessories from them, but, I did spend several hundred dollars on a bow from them and I even offered to pay them to set it up. [:@]
Old 01-31-2004, 08:17 PM

The pro shop that I deal with doesn't charge fo any type of set up on items you purchase from them (only reasonable I think). Any problems that I have had with any bow that I have bought from them is corrected for free. In fact this pro shop doesn't carry Bowtech and since I am seriously considering buying the pro 40 freedom cam model I spoke to the owner who told me to just bring it in and he would set it up for me. No charge on the set up just on the accessories that i buy for it. To me that is service and that is why I keep going back to them.

Bmott
Old 01-31-2004, 08:40 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Part of the shops sell their bows at a reduced price and charge to do any tuning, installation, cutting arrows etc. This can turn into a argument with a customer over these charges, but if they're selling things at a reduced rate they need to pay the light bill somehow.
I've had customers come in and tell me they can get such and such somewhere else cheaper, but the service isn't as good there. I've also had customers come in with bows and equipment they bought at Cabelas or Scheels, they know up front that I'm going to charge them to install these items and tune their bow. Most are more than agreeable.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:48 PM

At my local pro shop I get GREAT service. The first time I was there I bought some arrows. He said what do you want. I told him some Carbon Force 200's. He said I have some made or I could make your own. He would have put together those arrows for me right there. Also, the next time I went I told him the arrows I bought were too small for the rest. He said bring it in. I brought them in and he adjusted the rest, paper tuned it, installed my peep site, and cut four arrows I bought at Cabela's. It took 1 hour and he charged only $4. Then the next time, I brought my arrows in and needed the inserts glued in and some 100 grain field points. He put the inserts in and gave me the points. All he charged for were the inserts and field points. That was $3. No installation fee. Then a couple days ago, I bought some arrows from Cabela's and brought them in. I asked the guy to reflech one of the feathers on two of my arrows. He did this and it was free of charge. I tell you I will get my archery stuff from them. I don't care if It is a little more expensive. I would rather give them my money than give it to a bigger chain store.

Quick Reply: Question about your local pro shop loyalty??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.