Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!! >

TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 08:21 PM

Default TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me which ones you have used or use, and which ones work the best in the elements, clearest pic., BEST THEFT RESISTANT, overall affordability. Thanks and good hunting!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 PM

Default RE: TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I have used the Moultrie Game Cam II, Stealth Cam MC2-G, and I am getting a Digital Stealth Cam in the next couple weeks.

The Moultrie was junk all the way around and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The Stealth MC2-G is a amazing camera, and I got mine for $65.00 from Wally World. Clear pics, great reliability (mine worked in -13 degree weather), but it has junky theft prevention. You can get a metal box to put it in that would make it awsome for around $15. I really love the thing.

My best friends uncle had a CamTracker and it was nice. It had better settings than the Stealth, but, the pics were just the same, if not slighly less clear as the Stealth cam, and that CamTracker was close to $500
Old 01-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The key words you used was overall affordability. You can buy some good cameras for not a whole lot of money, but if you plan on leaving it out a lot and taking lots of pictures, definitely go with a digital. The money savings on developing and film plus the convenience of a digital to me makes it an easy choice. The camera I have is the Highlander Photo-Spy. It cost around $450. You may be able to find something cheaper, I don't know. Mine is black and white only because I don't really care about color pictures for scouting. Also color pictures take up about 4 times as much card space as black and white, and black and white pics use infrared flash instead of white flash. They have an anti-theft device you can get with it, but I didn't because I don't have that problem to worry about. I have had excellent luck with mine, and am sure there are other good ones out there. I can only tell you about mine.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

My comments are much the same as the others. For many years I wanted a game camera but just could not justify the cost of most of them especially with the chance that it may be stolen. Not until the MC2-G Stealth cam debuted in the last year or so did I think I could afford one considering my concerns.

Price is good...they seem durable and have not had any problems with the weather impacting their performance....and ofcourse, very good pictures.

However, the digital route is probably something I will pursue in the future if for no other reason than it is easier to post the photos on here.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie was junk all the way around and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Buck Magnet is the expert , my friend got one of these and it broke fist time out = junk , just like everything else they sell , whats with these moultrie guys?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:05 AM

I'll throw out a Moultrie are JUNK comment as well. I had one that worked good for about 2 months - after that it went downhill fast. I mailed it back to the company and they replaced everything but the outside case. It took maybe 1 roll of pixs and downhill again.

I didn't bother sending it back a 2nd time - just wanted to get rid of it.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:44 PM

So moultrie are crap and everything else is ok is what I hear. My main concern is that it will get stolen. Dad and I both have witnessed people on the private area we hunt and have already lost a climber stand(not a HUGE loss, but theft is theft) I would just love to rig one of those puppies up and get pics of the guy on our side, then sue his a$$! Anyway I say Gamtrakkers site, and like the digital cam. Thanks and put more ideas up!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:11 PM

great i just bought a moultrie and its out right now. i went to check it yesterday and it only had five pics taken. put about 20lbs of corn and set the timer to 6 mins. i will see how they turn out next week
Old 01-30-2004, 01:43 PM

Hey Buckmagnet You said you can get a metal box for the stealth cam were do you get them or are you talking about making one. Reason asking I just had one stolen and I am trying to come up with a way to lock the camera up by making a metal box. I would say for the price and the pics it takes the stealth cam is the best.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

I got a Game-Vu digital for christmas, was junk. Too many pics of nothing,
had to get within 10 feet to trigger it, poor pic quality, no security, and $300.

Sent it back to Cabelas in exchange for the Stealth Cam digital. Should get it
sometime next week.

Quick Reply: TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.