Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 POLL:  Should I or not? >

POLL: Should I or not?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POLL: Should I or not?

Old 01-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: POLL: Should I or not?

what would the alternative be???
Old 01-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Go for it buddy!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

LIKE IT MATTERS!!!!!!!!! You'll go there, and regardless if they have a lot of archery stuff or not, you'll stay for HOURS!!!!!! BPS has a location here in Chicago (Gurnee actually) and it is relatively small. Stayed for HOURS!!!! Someone mentioned Cabela's....WAY BETTER. First time I went there all I did was walk through. Didn't stop much, and I managed to stay for three and a half hours!!!!! Just go, who cares what they do or don't have. You'll have a blast anyway.

J
Old 01-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Wow! You guys were right on the money! The store was very nice indeed...and they had more archery stuff there than any other place around here that i've found...I ended up spending about $50

EDIT:
I talked with the archery pro staffer that was working and he was very knowledgable and very helpful in me picking out a fletching jig.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I assume you went to the one in Destin. I went and wa not that impressed. I can get most of the same stuff at my local pro shop and I prefer to buy from the smaller places although I did pick up a couple of climbing sticks.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go for it ,I'd love to just go do some looking at new gear to try in the future.

nubo
Old 01-28-2004, 10:45 PM

Gulfcoasthunter,
Yes I did visit the BassPro in Destin, and I'm surprised you didn't like it. Maybe I'm just a small town kinda guy :P The only other archery *kinda* pro shop that is around my area is Sports Country in Ft. Walton Beach. I've been going there for a while, but they have a very limited selection with high prices. I met the owner a couple weeks ago and he was a JERK to boot. I don't care to do business with people like that unless I must...Heck, it has taken that shop a month to get an arrow order for me and they asked me 3 times what fletching pattern I wanted--on top of that they put 4" vanes on when I explicitly said I wanted 5" vanes.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:57 PM

Bass pro is the bomb! Springfield,MO is best bass pro to hit, they will set you up! I used to go there every couple of weeks.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:23 AM

It's always fun to look at all the goodies But I haven't ever had enuff cents to buy me a product from their stores.