Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 new to bowhunting >

new to bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new to bowhunting

Old 01-24-2004, 02:53 PM

Default new to bowhunting

Hey guys! I am new to hunting bbs and the sport of bowhunting. In case you wonder, I am a woman, and I LOVE hunting! I have been shooting a bow for about 2 years. I started shooting 3d and this was my first year to hunt whitetail. Not much luck, but thats how it goes. I shoot a Matthews Feathermax ( I know, I know, its a Matthews, but don't hold that against me.) So if anyone has any hunting advice for a new hunter, this small town pike county gal would love to get some
Old 01-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new to bowhunting

Best advice I can give you is be patient. As you know hunting takes alot, and tries our patients. Now double that for archery! Keep practicing, and prepared, the shots will come on game. Learn to enjoy the time you spend in the woods with the bow, you often witness things never seen before. If I see a deer while out I'm happy! Arrowing a deer is just the icing on the cake.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:31 PM

Welcome to the forum, its always good to see women get into hunting and the outdoors, women can sometimes represent hunters to nonhunting public in a gentler manner, and change some minds. As far as advice, like buckalley said be patient, do your homework, and practice alot, you can learn a lot on here just by joining in the posts. I looks by your name that your in a prime spot for taking big bucks, that is if youve got a spot to hunt thats not leased out to outfitters or other hunters. Good luck, and happy posting.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:54 PM

Don't get discouraged and never walk away mad at yourself. Every time you spook a dear or blow a shot,try to learn from it. Spend as much time as you can learning about your quarry and in the woods. Knowing the game you are hunting and the woods you are hunting makes your time in the woods MUCH less stressfull. Just my advice, and welcome to the board, there are some good people here. Good hunting!Chris
Old 01-24-2004, 10:59 PM

Considering that you hunt in the "Pike," just plant yourself on any spot between the Mississippi and Illinois River (entire county) and wait. Avoid being trampled by one of those huge bucks.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the board and welcome to the world of bowhunting!
Old 01-25-2004, 03:34 PM

Thanks guys! It's nice to talk to people who respect woman hunters. I do live in "big buck country" and I can't wait to take one. Thanks for all the advice, and hopefully next season will be a good one for me. Til then, I'll be preparing and practicing!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:29 PM

stick with it, stick with it, stick with it......patience will be rewarded...welcome to the team!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:45 PM

my advice would also be patient and to remind you just practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect performance. So shoot quite a bit and at various positions angles and disatnces because ya never know what shot you will be faced with. Glad ya joined the club and good luck to ya.........
Old 01-25-2004, 07:17 PM

thats kewll that another woman has joined the team to BAD SHE DONT SHOOT A HOYT hehe just kidn but anyways welcome to the board[:-]

Quick Reply: new to bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.