Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting age!!!!!! >

hunting age!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting age!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting age!!!!!!

17 here, hunting since i was 7, just got a bow so ill be bowhunting this fall
Old 01-24-2004, 04:57 PM

dido oniedaeagle, i am 18 only i started hunting when i was 12, started bowhunting when i was 13 and would definetly bowhunt over gunhunting.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:26 PM

I am 19. Started hunting at age 12 (well, thats what I like to tell the wardens.)
Old 01-24-2004, 06:21 PM

16, been hunting squirrel and rabbit since I was 4 and deer with a crossbow since I was 6-7. Killed my first deer when I was 12. I forgot to say I hunt with a compound mostly now.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:22 PM

Im 29 and been hunting deer and turkey w/gun since I was 8 years old, and bow hunting since I was big enough to draw a bow that would kill a deer, Ithink I was around 12 when I started bow hunting. I try to get anyone into hunting that is interested, this year was great, I spent more time taking budding hunters out for their deer, and got to see three different people get their first deer, and my 91 year old grandpa got his first in about 20 years out of a ground blind I took him too. It was worth every minute that I missed hunting for myself just seeing people succeed at my favorite passtime.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:35 AM

17 been bow hunting deer since I was 15 have killed two deer with my bow my first year but nothing since.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:51 AM

been hunting since i was 8 i'm 48 now and don't plan on stopping anytime soon
Old 01-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

30 yreas old, been hinting since 14 and been going hunting since before that. Bow hunting for 5 years.

The simple fact is (and what the article was tryting to say), there are less and less young people getting into hunting. There has just been a culture shift. Kids nowadays just don't have the interest and/or their fathers don't hunt anymore. Couple cases in point: 1) when I was in highschool there was a large percentage of kids that hunted (1st day of deer season was like an unwritten day off); now there is a very small percentage that hunts and many of the kids I grew up with have drifted away from the sport 2) my brothers are in highschool - one enjoys the outdoors & shooting and the other wants nothing to do with it; the one that enjoys the outdoors would love to go with us hunting, etc. but he never has any time (if he's not playing football, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc, he has other extraciricular activities that keeps him aweful busy - and not just during school - it contiinues throughout the summer), he turned 16 this season so he could go shotgun hunting, but never was able to - we try but it never seems to work out, hopefully I can get him out for turkey season 3) I know of a few people, personnally that have expressed an interest in starting up with hunting, but they don't know where to go or who to ask (they don't live near me so I couldn't help that much - i tried to get them down to turkey hunt), it's hard for a novice to get started without knowing some one, it can be "aukward" and a bit intimidating for people just starting

anyway, got to keep trying

ps - oneida, where you at in NY (I assume your handle is the bow you shoot?)
Old 01-25-2004, 09:04 AM

im 15 and been go hunting since i was 4 but shooting since 10 i have been bowhuntin for 2 years
Old 01-25-2004, 09:14 AM

i'm 43 and i got a late start ,i started bowhunting when i was 17 (gun too) but that was along time ago.......[:-]

Quick Reply: hunting age!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.