Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you use these? >

would you use these?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you use these?

Old 01-23-2004, 04:28 PM

Default would you use these?

I went to the Archery Trade Show convention yesterday...
saw a bunch of new products...
one thing i saw that i wasn't too sure about was little reflector clips that clip on trees as you go into the woods...(kind of like bread crumbs to find your way back home)
I'm not sure I would ever use these...but.. i know the woods real well where I hunt... would any of you use these?
Old 01-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: would you use these?

Absolutly i would use them. They have had a few different versions of reflector tacks out for a while now though. Great if you have to track an animal at night or need to get help and come back to the same spot at night.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:41 PM

true.... where i hunt it isn't that deep into the woods... it's farm ground and woods.... i see your point on that, ty
Old 01-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I make my own. Buy the reflective tape for bycycles and use a hole punch and then put them on a push pin or thumb tack. I make em while I'm watching TV it's alot cheaper.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:52 PM

I've been using them for several years now and they're great. I hunt mature forest and it's pretty steep terrain as well I mark the trail to my stand on the way out and when I enter the woods before sun up, a small flashlight is all I need to light my pass to my stand like a runway for me. Keep in mind that if your stand sight is a ten minute hike straight up a pretty steep mountain side, then not getting off your track is a pretty nice luxury, saves me from searching for landmarks in the dark, and making more commotion than I have to to alert any game already close by.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:14 PM

Good idea Charlie. To expand on your idea, someone could also take that tape and put it on a clothes pin, (spring type) and have the same thing.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:12 PM

I make my own. Buy the reflective tape for bycycles and use a hole punch and then put them on a push pin or thumb tack. I make em while I'm watching TV it's alot cheaper.
very cool.. if i ever do need them i will do it like this & /or the clothes pin idea..
thanks guys
Old 01-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are on public land you are showing someone to your favorite spot--hopefully you get there first![:-].If it's private land then yes it is very helpful.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been doing the reflective tape on tacks thing for quite a few years. In addition, I use the reflective tape on my scent bomb cannisters to make them easier to find in the dark.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Much easier than a GPS especialy when your computer challenged .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.