Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How dedicated are you ? >

How dedicated are you ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How dedicated are you ?

Old 01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How dedicated are you ?

I was just wondering what are some of the extremes people have went to for their love of bowhunting. Here is my story. We have about 10 different McKenzie targets placed throughout the yard at my fathers house. We had a 12 foot ladder stand set up that we would take turns climbing into to shoot. Well it didn't take long for my dad to get tired of this so he decided he is going to build a platform for more than one person to shoot off of. That weekend we were out there ripping apart the back deck. That's right, he totally tore apart the back deck so he could use the wood to build a platform to shoot off of. Now we have a double platform stand. The first level is 10 x 10 and 10 feet off the ground and the second one is the same size but ten feet above it. It comes complete with stairway, bow hooks, arrow holders and a pully system so one person can collect all the arrows and send them to the top for everyone else. I guess he figured if he wasn't gonna sit on the deck then he was gonna make good use out of it one way or another. It's still wierd for my mother to see us shooting off of what used to be her deck.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:15 PM

Default RE: How dedicated are you ?

As dedicated as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

...In a tree somewhere, sometime, everyday of the season.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

If I have an hour free at the beginning or the end of the day and a season is in, I'm hunting. I shoot my bow just about every day from February to October. My free time I usually am on the internet looking up information on hunting gear or reading books about hunting. Other than that I fish or play baseball or football.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:53 PM

Family#1 ,hunting#2
Old 01-16-2004, 08:39 PM

Ditto bowhunter Ray
Old 01-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

As soon as i get money for more arrows. I'll be praticing as much as possible once again [:-]
Old 01-17-2004, 02:32 AM

you may be a "redneck"
Old 01-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

After I got divorced and had all kinds of time on my hands I found myself looking for places to shoot as I was living in a trailer park. I found that if I stood in the living room. I could get a 20 yard shot down the hallway into the back of my bedroom. The only obsticle I had was my girlfriend so I had to wait until she went to work. I stopped shooting in the house when I found out how easily the arrows would pass through the wall. I have moved since then and stopped shooting in the house. I am on the range 5 days a week for about 2 hours a day. I took about 6 weeks off from work last season with one stretch being 18 days. I went that whole stretch without seeing another sole other than elk camp occupants. Out of the 52 weeks in a year I don't think that there is a week that I dont shoot at least 5 times. I attend all of the local 3-d shoots and am involved with 3 different archery groups. In my off time,which isn't much, I write articles for hunting magazines. Oh yeh, once in a while I work to buy more arrows. Just last week my boss let me off for a half day to shoot my bow, I think he was sick of listening to me talk about it. Actually my whole life is dedicated to archery.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:18 PM

Holy Cow...shooting that much I dont' see how you avoid burnout. Too much of anything isn't good IMO

Bearklr...WOW, what handy man, hehehe.

Quick Reply: How dedicated are you ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.