Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added >

UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added

Old 01-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A little late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics. piebald??

Thanks everyone.

The camera is an HP photosmart 320, 2.1 megapixil 4x digital zoom.

About shooting her. She is a fawn from this year I would rather not shoot her. I try to shoot only mature older does if at all possible. Thats why I was taking pics of these and not shooting them
From the looks of things she seems to be pregnant as well. Big round belly on her.

Here is another pic I took. She has her leg cocked out, at first glance it looks as she has something wrong but it is just how she had her leg though. I also have some early season pics I took this year of some does I will post a thread with those pics too.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A little late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics. piebald??

Those pies you have pics of show alot more of the piebald charasitic than this ones does though. I bet that is a cool video you have there. That buck seems to be interested in her though. He is in velvet though there isn't he?
Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 AM

Default RE: UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added

Nice pics!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added

Nice pictures! I second the opinion that you should probably take her out now if you can. I understand only wanting to take mature does, but in this case I would make the exception. Far better to get them genes out now. The reason she looks pot bellied isn't because she's pregnant. The fawns right now are smaller than a mouse. Often, piebald deer have a type of gentic mutation I believe, that causes them to have short legs and pot belly, almost like a pot bellied pig. Not at all a healthy deer or one that I would want reproducing.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Great pics Buckeye!!

Are these pics from a trail cam or were you in a tree stand?? If it's a trail cam, that's the one I'm buying!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

excellent pictures!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:05 PM

yes, she is a piebald.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:11 PM

Awesome pics! It looks like a fun-filled day in the woods.
In reference to your statement about that piebald being pregnant, at this time of year, virtually all of the does are pregnant. All the more reason to take her!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cyber- about half the pics were taken from a treestand and the other half I was using a blow down as a ground blind. None of them were froma game cam.

Jimbo- I realize most of the doeshave been bred I was just refering to the fact her bely was so much larger than all the other does are
She must have been bred early in compairson to the other does pictured.

It was a nice couple days in the woods. I will tell you what though it was damn cold out!!!! I will take the camera with me next time I go out too. You never know what you might see

Quick Reply: UPDATED. late season doe hunting turns into some nice pics.piebald? more pics added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.