Just curious......some of you people have some odd user names! I just wondered if anyone was willing to share what his/her board name meant or how they came by it. Mine was originally given to me by a fishing friend who calls me Johnny Rainbow, since I'm just as..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's In A Name? >

What's In A Name?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's In A Name?

Old 01-10-2004, 09:00 AM

Default What's In A Name?

Just curious......some of you people have some odd user names! I just wondered if anyone was willing to share what his/her board name meant or how they came by it. Mine was originally given to me by a fishing friend who calls me Johnny Rainbow, since I'm just as passionate about Steelhead/Rainbow Trout fishing as I am about Bowhunting Whitetails. I just shortened it to J-Bow. Now I can use it to cover both of my favorite outdoor pursuits.

Just Wondering!
John
Old 01-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's In A Name?

My brother started calling me Dodger when we were kids. Comes from my initials DWA,Jr.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used several handles in the past. Started out as LittleJohn on bowsite, then that name got stolen by someone else. Tree, Sherwood - Those were nicknames I had as a teenager (Tall as a tree. Then tall as a forest. Since I shot bows-n-arrows, it was obviously Sherwood forest ) and tried to use, but they were both taken or stolen.

So, when I got tired of having my handle hijacked, I just start using my name and initial.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

mine is from the first initial of everybody in my immediate family from oldest to youngest.
Dan
Old 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

buckeye- because I am proud to live, hunt and fish in OHIO!!
buckhntr- because it is what I do. I live and breath deer hunting.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM

I was born under the sign of the archer so it just made sense. Unfortunately the word was already taken so I added the year of my birth.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:58 AM

I used Buck Magnet because it was a nickname that my best-friend and I came up with for my dad. Whenever he talks of hunting, we like to poke fun at him about how he use to "hunt in -10 degree weather, 4 feet of snow, and winds at 80 mph, and still kill deer", so, I just picked it as my name and I have stuck with it ever since
Old 01-10-2004, 09:58 AM

My name and my birthdate.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have this name because I am a complet MORON. I thought I was entering my password, but it didn't come out like that, I wish I had a kool name like everyone esle, but all I am is a freakin number, 12/15/53, Bobby
Old 01-10-2004, 10:09 AM

My user name kinda has two meanings by accident. When I started thinking about a name I tried to think of something that would "fit me".
Since I bow hunt and turkey hunt most of all, I spend a lot of time in camo clothes so... CamoHunter.
Also I also saw CamoHunter arrows and thought that kind of fit also.
Good question, it's interesting to hear the reasons behind peoples names.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.