Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lighted Nocks?!?!? >

Lighted Nocks?!?!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lighted Nocks?!?!?

Old 01-05-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Lighted Nocks?!?!?

http://www.archersflame.com/
http://www.burtcoyote.com/

Stranger things I guess. Would not do me much good shooting Cedars. I guess if I used Carbons, it would be ok.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Lighted Nocks?!?!?

Never seen these before. Had to order them.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:50 PM

I have both but I like the archers flame the best, and its the lightest weight. The Lumenok has a magnet to activate it and I had a hard time installing the magnet. I have shot one doe with it so far and it was very easy to see where the arrow hit. Also missed 2 times and it was easy to see that too. Plus finding the arrows was easy. which ever you get I think you will like, fun to shoot at night.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use these and would never go back to unlighted ones. They are great in low light conditions and are bright enough to see in good daylight. I'll sacrifice the 25 grains or so.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot these at the archery shop the other night. Its was so cool! The shop owner turned down the lights. Unbelievable! I will definetly have them for next season! The ones I shot were activated only when you shot. Batterey life really isn't an issue.

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:14 AM

It looks like they spook the game though. On that lightednocks.com, the hunting clips showed one successful shot and two misses. I think I might just stick to crown dipped arrows.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't tried them yet.....Saw the one with the magnet demo'd at the pro shop. Didn't work all the time, hard to set up, these were my opinions. The one that you just turn on looks better to me. Just my two cents.[&:]
Old 01-06-2004, 10:41 AM

I have used my own type of lighted nocks that I made myself. They cost about $2.00 to make instead of the $10 that I have seen some going for.

As far as spooking game goes....no way.
Take a look at these 2 clips.

http://www.texasbowhunter.com/video/...127hogshot.wmv

http://www.texasbowhunter.com/video/...achalajave.wmv

I can show you countless other videos of deer and hogs shot with these nocks and they definitely don't spook game.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw some at the local bow shop recently and they looked pretty cool but i haven't tried them yet. I may have to give them a second look.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:35 AM

Aggiebowman,

How do you make your own lighted nocks?

Quick Reply: Lighted Nocks?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.