Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WENT THIS AFTERNOON >

WENT THIS AFTERNOON

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WENT THIS AFTERNOON

Old 01-02-2004, 04:55 PM

Default WENT THIS AFTERNOON

got to my stand this afternoon at 3:15 I have been going in the morning for the last 3 days and have not seen a deer but this afternoon at 4:45 I saw a doe sneaking bye with another right behind her so I tryed to call the first one just looked around and kept going the second one started to come my way but went into some thick stuff I heard it do a doe bleat and walked away were the other doe went that was the first time I heard a doe bleat they usually snort and run away that was preaty cool. Tryed calling some more with doe bleats and fawn in distress call but they didnt come back owell at least I saw something. I got home and across the street from my house is a a big food plot with about 15 deer out eating in it wish I could hunt over there. anyways has anyone else noticed that when it is a full moon you see most deer in the evening but when it is a new moon you see deer in the morning. I was wondering do you think I should go tommorow morning or is it just a waist just go in the afternoon. Also going to cabelas sunday do you think I should get some salt blocks and put them out or put some corn out. Thanks!!!!

I'D RATHER BE BOWHUNTING!!!!![:-]
Old 01-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WENT THIS AFTERNOON

Put out both, but make sure it's legal!
Old 01-03-2004, 03:03 AM

Thanks for the info it is legal.

I'D RATHER BE BOWHUNTING!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:48 PM

Put a mineral block out it worx well during the late season, when they need the minerals.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:41 PM

Thanks!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems in my state PA late season that the deer don't move to much in the am .I go to my stand around 12 or 1 stay til close. I HATE THE FULL MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 10:28 PM

They way I have heard it and it makes sense to me is when it is a full moon the animals will feed at night and sleep during the day and when its is no moon or close and they cant see the sleep during the night and feed during the day. But like my Grandpa always says "They are going to do what ever they want too." And he also likes to say when you see tracks its a buck unless you saw a doe make em. lol Hes quite the hoot to talk to.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the info guys leaving for cabela's now to get some mineral blocks. went hunting yesterday afternoon it was all nice and quiet and all of a sudden someone shot a muzzeloader a couple hundred yards away my dad called me on the radio and said what the h$$$ was that I got out my light and shined i up there when I did that I saw a deer run by then I got out of there and he still shot 2 more times ae least muzzeloader is over now. I hate the full moon to Hatchet Jack.[:-]