Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 off season plans >

off season plans

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

off season plans

Old 01-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default off season plans

wut does every1 plan to do in the offseason? bow shoots? new bow? spring turkey? mope around until it starts back up in october
Old 01-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: off season plans

Practice as much as I can, scout, fish, spend my life savings when Bass Pro Shop opens in my hometown (June 9), Golf, work on the house, think of how I'd love to hunt the zillion turkeys on my land that I don't have time to, coach my kids baseball team, and befor you know it right back at it!!! Oh yeah I probably have to mix in a little work.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

First off I need to get a job.
Then I take that money and buy things like a site, arrow rest, limb savers, cat whiskers, stableizer and such for the bow I got as a Christmas gift just before Christmas
Then get arrows and practice all summer so I can use it this upcoming deer season
Plus, rabbit stays in a bit longer than deer and then I got turkey season and fishing and scouting and vacation and such so it wont be too bad
Old 01-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Santa brought the boy a new compound for Christmas. The pro shop Santa acquired it from gave him a bunch of range time. Thats where I'll start. At the indoor range teaching my boy to shoot. (Actually my step son, but been with him since he was 3 ) Course I'll be shooting too. Hopefully Mathews won't come out with much new cause I'm already starting to twitch! I hope to lose that new bow itch.[>:] As weather permits we will shoot outside at our place. Bag target, then 3-D, then broadhead, then from ladder stand.

Come about the middle of February, I'm loading the family up in the family truckster and heading for Cabelas in Kansas City. Need to get some fishing stuff and get ready for Walleye season. Auhhh, Whitetails and Walleyes! It's Great to be an American!!![:-][:-][:-]

That's about it. Shoot and fish through the summer. Before you know it, fall is here again, followed closely by Santa then the IRS.[>:]
Old 01-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scout and shoot,scout and shoot, Find new hunting spots on the Delaware river PA. Finding new spots and scouting just as fun as hunting. Well almost!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:12 PM

Just keep dreaming of that buck and do alot of bass fishing.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:15 PM

Scout right after the season. Most people I know don't do this and it tells you a lot about deer activity. Shoot tons of arrows. Passing up the end of this bow season because I don't feel comfortable shooting at a deer now. Look for a job. Need more hunting equipment.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:00 PM

I am always scouting. To me my day is not complete without doing a little prowling. My area that I normally hunt is just behind my home so I have no excuse. It's a great form of exercise and I learn something each day. I practice still hunting and many a day I only cover about 150-200 yards. Real still hunting takes real patience, practice and constant observation. Moving so slowly allows you the time to see new signs, activity patterns and wind play techniques. I can't tell you the # of times I have successfully stealthed my way to their beds, feeding spots and water sources. To me it's a year round process that keeps my adrenaline flowing. Try it, you will like the whitetail playground so much more when you become an active player. The more time you spend doing such activities the greater is the chance that you level the playing field, so to speak. When the following season arrives I just know where to place my boy, Joe for his chances. After he sticks one I just think back to all those fun hours of solitary. Just look at his grin and I get that proud dad experience of truly sharing his thrill. Man that's what huntins all about my friends.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Lets see here;;;
snowmobiling, ice fishing,(doing a little already) spring turkey hunt, plant more food crops, get ready for stock car season, spend time on the river with family and practice for next season.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

hibernate....till next season.....................bob

Quick Reply: off season plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.