Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Silencing cold hush tubes?

Old 12-28-2003, 08:54 PM

Default Silencing cold hush tubes?

I drew on a 7 point Saturday evening and even though he was hidden behind a bush about 15 yards away he heard my arrow rub against my hush tubes and stopped dead in his tracks. He and I stared at each other as long as I could hold the bow, then I let down and he and 2 buttons trotted off. My hush tubes when cold are obviously TOO loud. They are fine when it is warmer, but the colder weather, I would guess, make them too stiff. Is there any thing I could put on them? I was thinking of just taking them off. Any tips?
Old 12-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Silencing cold hush tubes?

Super glue some mole skin on your prongs. Those so called hush tubes have never been all that quiet for me either.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Bodoodle rest that I put moleskin on the speed fins. A friend has a TM style rest and I gave him some moleskin and he said it worked great. I also put the moleskin on anything my arrow bumps against when it gets knocked off the rest.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:14 PM

Might sound kind of goofy but I used paste wax on my arrow shafts and no more noise on the draw - and a bonus - they really slide nice through the boiler room
Old 12-30-2003, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

are you using the rubber or the teflon type? I've found that that the teflon ones are quiter than the rubber ones.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atheletic tape works allso but , big bulls gave great advise . Make sure you ckeck you nocking point , or the impact of your broadheads as there may be a very slight change .
Old 12-30-2003, 09:49 AM

I cut small pieces of adhesive mole skin and wrapped the end of the tubes with that. I thought there would be a difference when I shot, but I can see they are wearing thin already. I have to keep an eye on it. My groups are still good, so I don't think the arrow flight was affected. I use the rubber tubes. Do you have the same problem with the teflon ones? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking of using a lubricant such as wd40 on the shafts. suppose the smell might be a negative however
Old 12-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Teflon is the way to go
Old 12-31-2003, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try the Virgin White Teflon Slick Tubes,they last a long time and they are very quiet when you draw back, those thin black shrink tubes arent quiet and they dont last very long before you see where they are wearing thin where your arrow travels on them and eventually you see the metal prongs exposed.

Quick Reply: Silencing cold hush tubes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.