Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which hunting show is your favorite?? >

which hunting show is your favorite??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which hunting show is your favorite??

Old 12-30-2003, 07:45 AM

Default RE: which hunting show is your favorite??

I like all of the shows to varying degrees as they are better than any alternative on the tube (except Green Bay Packer Footbal Games!), I am frustrated by the fact that they are pretty much all commercially motivated - kill shot shows. Very few actually delve into an educational aspect and I am rarely able to take anything meaningful from them and apply it in the woods. That is disappointing as they truly miss a unique opportunity to provide actual value to the viewer. Wouldn't it be cool to see someone like T.R. to do shows based in science, actual field study and successes and centered on hunter education? Ted's show is good when it is actually in the hunting segments (and I love his politics) but I can't stand watching his 80's rock revival shows from the various state fair's he plays at; and I am a life long rocker. Time and place ya know?
Old 12-30-2003, 07:59 AM

Big Thanks Proff.
I've been looking for information on RedHawkOutdoors and couldn't find him. I really enjoyed his ancestory rituals he uses for hunting. Thanks again.[:-]
Old 12-30-2003, 09:08 AM

I like the fair chase shows. anyone can buy a video camera, pay 7 grand and shoot a tame buffalo. I do not want to see to out of shape guys wearing shorts walking up to an animal who has no fear of humans and shoot it. It's not hunting its shooting. I'll stick to the hunting shows.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:12 AM

I'm not too sure of the names of the shows but I like hunting shows with a fair chase. No guns only bows. I prefer deer, elk, and bow hunting turkey.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:18 AM

I can't believe no one is listing Eastman's hunting journal. Of all the shows these are the most realistic. Did you see last week where they were showing them cross the Snake river back in the mid 60's. There was ice in the river and everything. Even their current shows do not have much fantasy in them. Come on that is the way hunting was meant to be and not in a fenced field with protein gorged bucks.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:51 AM

The only way to watch any of these shows is with TIVO (or other such recorders). Best investment I ever made. I got the DirecTV/Tivo dual system which is a sat receiver and Tivo built into one so you can even record one show while watching another. Not only can you record what you can't watch, and set a weekly recording schedule, but you can fwd through all the commercials to actually watch the 15 minutes of hunting adventure.

In this way you can fast fwd through Ted Nugent's 5 minute "spirit of himself" rock and roll introduction and get to the part where he successfully arrows an animal that follows a man-made food trail to within 10 yards of his stand in what surely must be a game preserve. Most importantly, if you get absolutley sick of Nugent's rampant self glorification, TIVO has a great "delete" button.

Those of you who like the apparent spiritual side of Nugent should be aware that there is now also a full time YOGA channel, which is probably al lot less loud and commercial.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

My vote is for the Realtree Road Trips.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:48 PM

Drury brothers and Primos the truth....
Old 12-30-2003, 05:51 PM

mossy oak hunting the country,sprit of the wild ted nugent.......
Old 12-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Team Fitzgerald
Realtree Roadtrips
Wild Outdoors
Primos the truth
Spirit of the Wild
and a bunch more I can't think of.

Quick Reply: which hunting show is your favorite??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.