Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer visiting rub lines >

Deer visiting rub lines

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer visiting rub lines

Old 12-22-2003, 03:33 PM

Default Deer visiting rub lines

I've found an area that has 9 tree rubs within a 50 yard streatch. All are old rubs except for two that are fresh. The trees are fairly big for rubs made by coues whitetail's. My question is when do deer make these rubs and when do they use them? If I knew I was going to find this I would have asked for a trail camera for christmas! Thanks for your time.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:37 PM

Default RE: Deer visiting rub lines

Depending on your rutting season it may be the second rut kicking in. I was in the woods yesterday and all of the old rubs from earlier in the year were all freshened up and I found a couple fresh scrapes. That is telling me that the does are about to come into estrus again.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer visiting rub lines

Fisher- Hunt, those rubs were most likely made in early season, and durin pre rut. you said they looked old. but, if that area is in or close to a food source, then that would be a good place to set up now. bucks sometimes go back to their rublines in late season.