Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Killer works >

Scent Killer works

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Killer works

Old 12-22-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Scent Killer works

I sprayed my self down with this stuff before I went hunting two days ago. That evening, I had two does 10 yrds in front of me and they were directly down wind of me. They never winded me, nor did they ever spook. Later that evening, I killed a cow horn spike at 15 yrds and he was down wind of me also.
Now keep in mind that I had been on a four day hunting trip in south texas. The only thing that was clean about me was my mind. I spayed this stuff on and it worked great.

Have any of you ever had a deer wind you when using this product?

Good Hunting
Old 12-22-2003, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Scent Killer works

Where you in a tree or on the ground?
Old 12-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I completely agree!!!!!

This year I decided to ground hunt. I though the deer would come from one direction and what do you know.....they came fromt he other direction.

I had three does within 10 FEET of me DOWNWIND when I was on the GROUND!!!!!! They didn't even spook. Two of them where within an arms reach away. Very cool. One of them, I thought was going to come right into the bushes with me. Crazy stuff!

J
Old 12-22-2003, 05:02 PM

It may not totally work 100% but it helps great deal. As far as deer spooking I have had deer downwind of me while I was smoking a cigarette and not spook. I have deer downwind and thought I was perfectly scent free and they spooked. Deer have winded me while using this product but by the time they had all winded me they were well within shooting rage.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:29 PM

i agree with mikej, ive had to put out cigarettes to shoot a buck .but have had them wind me ,while i thought i was scent free ( using scent eliminator) their are so many variables in hunting you never know.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:33 PM

i agree 100 % with mikej , i use scent eliminator , along with any thing else within reason to score a deer . ive had them wind me when i knew i was as scent free as i possiblly could be and ive also put out cigarettes to shoot ! when its your time its your time.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:11 PM

I would say that these types of products help sometimes. However I have had several elk and deer within like 15 feet, even had one bull elk at 5 feet but couldn't draw my bow back and it never did smell me. The only thing that made him run was me moving to try to draw my bow.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:15 PM

My wife tells my hunting buddies I'm freaky about my deer hunting clothes. But I say a human scent free system works. I keep all my deer hunting clothes in a rubbermaid bin, everything I take, might take or wear. I keep a set of clothes from fall to winter deer hunting seperate from all my other hunting clothes. Since doing this more deer have been in range for me, many down wind. I use uv free clothes soap, fresh earth dryer sheet and a scent wafer in my bin. If I'm seeing a really big buck I will take a bath in scent free soap. I keep wash cloths and bath towels in my bin to. I just know the deer do not respond the same when I don't use my system. I don't use any other scent now, cover, sex,nothing. Just hunt where they are and be still and don't stink. But I've shot deer while smoking to, go figure!!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:21 PM

i put on,scent free deo,and soak my clothes with scent killer.i have had deer get down wind of me and not smell me.and i have to say scent killer helped me bag my first bowkill.got real close.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:59 PM

I wouldn't use the stuff again if you gave it to me

But thats just me

Quick Reply: Scent Killer works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.