Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Killer works >

Scent Killer works

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Killer works

Old 12-22-2003, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Scent Killer works

i don't have much faith in them. i hunt the wind if possiable. had a coon hound that liked skunk killed every one he ran across and brought them back.and stunk like he.. will 3 minutes later he could have a coon treed. thats a good nose and deer have it to.air currants do funny things but if a deer smells you he's most likey gone.i have had deer downwind and came in but i bet they didn't get my scent.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Where you in a tree or on the ground?
I was six feet off the ground.

I am convinced that the stuff works. I'll still hunt the wind but I now have a little more confidence if the deer were to get down wind of me.

Good Hunting
Old 12-23-2003, 06:12 AM

I've used scent killer in every situation, coyotes and deer. Setting in tree tops, tree stands and my big mans special camp chair. I spray my boots with it before I enter where the deer will cross my path. Have had them sniff where I walk with out it, never with it. My son would not keep his stuff scent free. Had not seen a buck in 4 times hunting. I seen one every time from the same stand. When he went scent free, he seen a big buck the first time. Good lesson to learn at 15 yrs old. We like the fresh earth stuff the best. This is coming from a guy who don't carry anything into the woods but a bow and a knife. Just started using a grunt call instead of my mouth 3 yrs ago. I BY GOD, LOVE BOW HUNTING! (secrtely wishes they would outlaw gun hunting in Indiana)My beagle hounds hunt hard, so keep still just like your deer hunting.