Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you guys think of these deer? >

What do you guys think of these deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you guys think of these deer?

Old 12-18-2003, 05:05 PM

Default RE: What do you guys think of these deer?

congrats many will envy you...
Old 12-18-2003, 05:43 PM

these deer from a ranch or some kind of deer management area?
Old 12-18-2003, 05:45 PM

congrats and them are some monster bucks you got there.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome bucks! Good Luck on the next one!
Old 12-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great bucks...and it is nice to see some young folks in the pictures on occasion.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome Indiana Bucks! I hunt and live in Southern Indiana, what part of the state do you hunt in, buckslayer?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:04 AM

I hunt in the Spencer Indiana area between bloomington and terre haute. Neither of these deer were on a ranch or part of a management system.. But here is my story....... I had been hunting that morning and didnt see a single deer. so I decided to move my ol' man climber to a different spot that evening to hunt. I had been in the stand about an hour when a medium sized doe came in and i decided to try to take her. unfortunately i missed her twice. At the time i only carried three arrows. So i had to get down and get the two i had shot at her. When i got back up in my stand it probably wasn't 10 minutes and here comes this bruiser chasing a doe right down the trail towards me. I slowly stood up and got ready for a shot and he came in to 10 yards when i shot him. I hit him in front of his shoulder luckly hitting a main artery. He ran about 40 yards and laid down. It took him an hour to die. That seemed like the longest hour of my life.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:16 AM

Now for the story of the 16 pointer......It was the secoind day of the Indiana shotgun season and this was his first season hunting. he hadnt saw any deer all day and was about to get down for some lunch when one of the other guys radioed that some stray dogs had jumped up a massive buck and that it wasnt wasting time getting away and then another said he had took a shot but missed. then the next guy closer to torrey(the boy pictured) said "it just ran by me and i grunted but he didnt even slow down." And then torrey saw it coming and got ready. For some reason it jumped the creek 30 yards from his stand and stopped and looked right at torreys dad who was preparing to shoot just in case torrey missed. Torrey aimed and fired the buck spun and ran for some thick cover. They found the bruiser 70 yards away in some grass. the 20 gauge bullet didnt even make a clean pass through. It scored 178 1/8 B&C
Old 12-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

buckslayer, that is awesome, those are some rockin' hoosier bucks. By the way, my college room mate was from Spencer, IN.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:08 PM

thats cool whats his name

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of these deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.