Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My answer to equipment debate!!!!! >

My answer to equipment debate!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My answer to equipment debate!!!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 11:12 AM

Default My answer to equipment debate!!!!!

If you don't make your own bow of yew or osage. And you don't make your own string from flax or hemp. And you don't make your own shafts from ash, maple, (or fill in the blank). And you don't knap your own arrowheads from flint or obsidian. THEN DON'T PREACH TO ME ABOUT EQUIPMENT!

You know what? We don't need to worry about organizations like PETA, Friends of Animals, "greens", etc.

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES.....AND TOO IGNORANT TO KNOW IT!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:15 AM

Default RE: My answer to equipment debate!!!!!

YEAH......I posted the same statement on the Crossbow thread! Because I thought it needed to be said TWICE!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:17 AM

I think someone hasn't had their second cup of coffee yet.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, thank`s for sharing yours.

Of course, I disagree with you. What is the next weapon you would be OK with coming into archery season?

And, when you reply........YOU DON`T NEED TO YELL!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:21 AM

Actually.....probably had a "couple of cups" too many
Old 12-16-2003, 11:27 AM

Are you suggesting being an ostrich and putting your head in the ground and ignoring the continuing battles being found over crossbows ?

Debating issues is one of THE keys to knowing the issues thoroughly. Hide if you want, pretend everyone is unified and watch in open mouthed awe as it all crumbles down and the Anti's win. thats what trappers did in some states, its what bear hunters did in some states, dog hunters, mtn lion hunters etc etc.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:31 AM

You want to honestly know what bothers me most about this "argument".....(doesn't matter I'm telling you anyway). Other than it plays into the hands of "EVERY" organization that would love to see an end to sport hunting.....it sounds like the same old playground line of childhood....."but that ain't fair"?

To which my reply, for a very long time, has been, "Grow up and get over it"! Alot of s**t in life isn't fair. That's why it's "life"....not a fairytale. Someone's afraid they are going to "loose something" because someone else has an "unfair" advantage!

If we all spent as much time and energy "practicing our skills with whatever equipment we choose", and a like amount of energy "promoting the benefits" of hunting......as we do crying about someone else's choice of equipment....we might have a whole new generation of hunters. Instead of Nintendo weenies that think food "comes from plastic wrap".

Every time I hear this argument I want to "wretch and puke". It's about time people grow up and "get over it".....life isn't fair....never promised to be....DEAL WITH IT!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:33 AM

After listening to the demeanor of some in these threads.....

I almost wouldn't care if they allowed 155mm Howitzers.....

HAPPY NOW!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:42 AM

Here is one better. Solve the problem entirely.

End all season seperation by equipment! It's deer season...use your weapon of choice. (But it isn't fair putting bow against gun!) Then don't use the bow!

If the argument stands that one weapon type over another weapon type places more of a challenge to the sport....then BE CHALLENGED!

Don't ask for any special seasons! That is what happens when you pit one form of hunting against another. You end up pleasing nobody! If it is really the difference in skills you want to pit against another....than do it openly.

Special interest groups have been the ruination of this nation!

P.S. And for general info...I own neither a crossbow or a compound. I own two recurves and a longbow. So what?!? Makes no difference....the argument is asisnine!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

No! What bothers me is that someone I respected, has returned, only to post to argue. I won't accuse of him of it officially, but since this person left this site a while back because of his disagreement over advertising, it seems to be his agenda.

Quick Reply: My answer to equipment debate!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.