Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow hunt club...WOW! >

Bow hunt club...WOW!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow hunt club...WOW!

Old 12-15-2003, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bow hunt club...WOW!

I have been looking at 60 acres in Hyde Co. NC to buy. It is full of whitetail, bear, boar, and small game. After looking at the topo map, aerial map, etc I decided to go look at it after season this year. The realitor said he has had no offers on it yet. Anyway, I want to make this a bow hunting area only for me and my friends. I checked out the insurance and guess what, it's cheaper if you don't allow guns on that land!

Anyway if it looks as good in person as it does on paper I hope to own NC's first bow only hunt club.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Bow hunt club...WOW!

That's the spirit farmcntry. Nice exclusive bow club. Watch out for those ACLU guys, they might feel like they have to protect the people of NC from any exclusive club.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

It won't be considered a 'club', just private land with some 'friends' hunting on it right now. Too much legal mubo-jumbo to start a "club."
Old 12-15-2003, 01:40 PM

hey FARMCNTRY.....where you live at now? eastern or western part of the state? we hunt out in Hyde Co. and I'd love to join up in a bow-only club out there. i live in raleigh. shoot me some info. if you purchase the land and start a club. we are also considering a piece of land in Hyde for waterfowl...get area of the state to hunt! Hope it works out.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am in Stokes county.

If I buy it I will let you know. I love to bow hunt with friends.
There is only one catch. I have a friend who is disabled and he hunts with a crossbow. So much animosity about crossbow's around here, I thought I'd let ya know up front.

Oh and it's not a "club." You can't join. But our friends will be able to hunt there.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

60 acres is about right for ONE bowhunter. Personnally, I like 100 acres minimum for a hunting club per member. 150 even better yet. You go running too many people in a 60 acre patch and you'll have it void of game in a hurry.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:32 PM

hey farmcntry i hunted a guys property in stokes county this past turkey season until i moved to asheboro. and now he has it for sale. it was right at 50 acres and it was loaded with deer and turkey. i know what he was asking if you email me i will tell you where and what ( the best i can remember)

also there are some bow only clubs already in NC - sorry to bust your bubblebut still a great idea
Old 12-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

David,
60 acres for 3 -4 hunters who can't hunt together because of work etc.

Time share I guess is what I'm getting to. There may be 2 of us down there at a time. But that's it.

It must be nice to have 100-150 acres to yourself. That normally doesn't happen in NC.

click,
I know NC has some bow only clubs, but I can buy 60 acres and that would equal about a 5 year membership with them.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

One today, two tomorrow, one or two the next day might even be worse than 4 at once. Just a thought is all. Yes, it is nice to have access to some pretty private land. We also hunt a couple patches that are only 5 acres but they're surrounded by ground that no one can hunt. My best access is a 2,500 acre farm in NY that only my brother, myself, his son and one other guy get to hunt. Only two of us bow hunt. Sometimes I wish we had a couple more people around just to move the deer or watch some of the other spots.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:07 PM

depends on the property mil. My brother, dad and I hunt 25 acres surronded by many more and take deer every year.

Sure would like to have a 100 to myself though.

Quick Reply: Bow hunt club...WOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.