Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you learned?? >

What have you learned??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you learned??

Old 12-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What have you learned??

What is the single best thing that you have learned since being on these message boards. It may be a certain tip that someone gave that you remembered and helped you one day. It may be gear. It may be a style of hunting. It may be a philosophy of some kind. It may not be hunting related at all. But I was wondering what your #1 single thing you have taken from these message boards. You only get one so make it count.
Myself in the short time I've been here have figured out that my hunting philosophies and styles are not the Holy Grail!! Yeah I admit I was on a bit of a high horse in my beliefs and needed a kick. I learned to open my eyes to different styles and beliefs. Whether I agree or disagree just don't discard it as idiotic until you research it and view it with an open mind. Heck you may learn something!! It did stem from a certain post by a certain individual. Thanks Tazman. What was that quote about walking in someone elses shoes?? That was good. Thats what stuck in my mind.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:55 PM

Default RE: What have you learned??

That their are alot of opinionated people who bring up a lot of good points in different areas of the message board and have made some good friends on the board and hntingrl needs to become a standup comic with her jokes. There is a lot of patriotism and a great comraderie the folks here are A1 in my book....
Old 12-10-2003, 01:01 PM

What is the single best thing that you have learned since being on these message boards
That I - not Sweatwater - am the Greatest Whitetail hunter in the World.

The more I talk to you guys the more I know its true

Old 12-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is not one thing, but all the tips led to one thing. I shoot my bow a lot better now.

Thanks guys.

Also I figured out that if it's hunting these guys are serious, otherwise they are all full of....
Old 12-10-2003, 01:27 PM

For me this board is not so much about learning (don't get me wrong I've learned plenty here) but more about being able to discuss one of my greatest passions. I have no friends who bow hunt anymore. Some have moved away and other gave it up with family life but I'm still in the woods and have no one to share this with. I hunt firearm with my father which I love but it isn't the same as bow hunting to me. I consider the people on the site friends and vaule the insight that they provide. I know this isn't exactly what you're asking but for me it is the comradeship of the members of this community.
Thank you all
Old 12-10-2003, 01:52 PM

maybe that asat is the best camo out there...i dont know i cant get any!!!im ready to try it out!!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:54 PM

The main thing i have learned is that bowhunting is the ONLY way to hunt!!
Old 12-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Make sure you read your state regulations before hunting. AHHHHHHHHHHH lol.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:16 PM

I have enjoyed this so much during my short tenure on the forum. I have learned that no matter how tough life can get at times there is always a place to unload, discuss, educate, philosophy, etc. with fellow enthusiast. I thank you all for your stories, insight and just plain ol' friendliness.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

lmao charlie I thought that may be coming!!

Quick Reply: What have you learned??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.