Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Uncle Ted ?

Old 02-07-2002, 03:34 PM

Default RE: Uncle Ted ?

Yup, his book is excellent reading. I have hunted with Ted twice in Texas. Before the first time I met him I'd been told "he's a really nice guy". I figured, OK, he's got a lot of people in his face all the time, cause he's a rock star, so I took the comment to mean that he was probably polite enough, period. I was overwhelmed upon meeting him. He treated me and my family very warmly. We were invited to sit with him during dinner, and he treated our sons fantastically. He has always replied to any letters our kids have sent him with handwritten postcards, and any time I've chatted with him in the chat room on his website he always asked how the family are. He gave our guitar player son, tips, and a small but direct lecture on staying away from drugs and booze. The second time we joined him for a hunt he had just arrived and was in the lodge when I came in from hunting. You'd think I was a long lost friend with the greeting I received. The man is very passionate about what he believes in, and I can understand that he may overwhelm people with it sometimes as he does describe things with a certain gusto all of his own. However, if you ever have the chance to meet him, do. Ted is and itelligent and interesting speaker, and a ton of fun to be around. His wife Shemane is a wonderful and talented person herself. I will be joining Shemane and other ladies in May at Sunrize Acres for a Queen of the Forest event. And, I get to go boar hunting as well .

Cheers, Tanya
Old 02-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Tanya...what about the fact that he hunts in fenced areas? True or False? When you hunted in Texas with him was it behind a high fence?
Old 02-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

What does a "high fence" mean? In texas does a high fence built around 20,000 or 85,000 acres increase your odds of getting a nice animal? I see that half the deer in Pope& Young are taken in Texas, and the sad truth is that with good game management you need a fence, but we are also talking about ten to hundreds of thousands of acres, Big deal......
Old 02-07-2002, 08:57 PM

i believe in and support Ted. he james and even brings our sport into his songs.
Good point BenfromVa.

Old 02-07-2002, 10:32 PM

I have been a fan of Teds for more than some people have even heard of him, then when I found out much later that he was a hunter I thought we have to be related somehow. Anyway I don't think anyone can argue he is a great spokesperson for our sport. No one has a quicker tougue to defend our right to hunt. About his behavior, I just think think he is a little hard for some people to understand. We should all be so lucky to be so high on life without drugs or alcohol. Well if I had a wife like that I would be pretty high too.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:26 AM

Ted might come off as wacko to some, but
I cant think of anyone who does more to
promote bowhunting than him.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:40 AM

Yup, we hunted a 40,000 acre ranch in Texas. So what. I hunted for ibex, walked half a day in an area there were a ton of goat living. We saw sign, we smelled them, but we never saw a goat or and ibex. The ridiculous in-fighting amoungst hunters about fenced and non fenced hunts is not the issue here. I enjoy both. Ted does a tremendous amount for the sport we love. His high profile position and personality get the word that hunting is a GOOD thing out to thousands more people a year than the average citizen can. Our kids look to him as a positive role model and I believe he is as well. Ted loves life and is very outward in sharing his enjoyment of hunting and life with those who are around him or watch his show or videos. If more people displayed such enthusiasm for our sport it could only serve to help us maintain our rights and privileges as hunters.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]