Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Hunters? >

Minnesota Hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Hunters?

Old 12-06-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Minnesota Hunters?

Was wondering if anyone from MN been out recently and have noticed what the deer are doing different. I just spent the whole day watching Squirells where I usually see several deer.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota Hunters?

I havnt been out yet this week, but I am hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon. I know where I hunt in South Eastern Mn, I very rarely see much after the gun hunters have been out. I know last Saterday I saw 8 does in the afternoon right before quiting time, and then Sunday I went out in the afternoon again and saw nothing. I dont know what the secret is, but it sure is frusterating. Before the gun season, I used to see 6 to 12 deer every time I went out. It will be interesting to hear on this post how everyone else is doing. By the way, where are you hunting at??
Old 12-06-2003, 08:14 PM

BigDaddy, I hunt in Sherburne and Mille Lacs counties in the central part of the state.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:19 PM

i live in crow wing county north of millacs. the last few times i've been out i havent seen one damn thing!! but this mornin i was doin a little snoopin around the land that i hunt and i found a hot spot, deer all over the place, but its thicker than s**t in there. i've noticed the deer are bedding a lot longer since the firearms season.
joe
Old 12-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

hunting Mn, Sounds like you are in a great area, good luck in your late season hunting. Let us know how you do.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:24 PM

bowhuntermn, where you at? I live in Crow Wing also, near Bay Lake. I just travel to the other places because my family has hunting land there
Old 12-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

bowhuntermn, Thanks for the info, I was wondering if they wernt going into the thick stuff. I have a couple of thick spots I can go into, might just have to go check them out tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:34 PM

I did notice today when I moved from one stand to another, the thicker the more tracks and sign I seen. GOOD LUCK you guys
Old 12-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Spike

Hi Guys
I'm from the Alexandria area. Things have been pretty slow since the pumpkins have left the woods. Ya have to get back in the woods to see anything. Deer don't step out till after dark and then its out to feed and then right back in. Its been 2 week since I have seen any breeding or chasing but there still coming out to been fields that havn't been plowed but not untill after 5:30. I'll keep trying still have my buck tag open (2 does in the freezer).
Good to here from some Minn. Bowhunters.
Chuck
Old 12-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my last intensive tag today and I'm going out tomorrow afternoon. It'll be the first time out in almost a month. Promised the wife I was done after the last one. I want to be out in the woods. Even though this is the worst time of the year for bow hunting. You freeze and the deer don't move. That sucks.

But, on the off chance a fat doe walks passed my stand, I'll be there.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.