Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Foiled again!

Old 12-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Foiled again!

Tonight I decided to sit a new ground blind I just cleared last weekend. It's in a little peninsula of woods that juts into a CRP field. It's a real small little piece - maybe 60 yards long by 20 yards wide, but there's a lot of green grasses growing on it and I've seen a lot of deer/tracks/and droppings there recently.

About 3:30 I've got 4 does coming in, headed right for me. I'm thinking "Alright, finally some nice meat for the freezer!" They get about 30 yards out and start feeding, completely oblivous to me. The biggest one is JUST outside my shooting lane. Her head and neck were exposed, but she needed to take a few more steps for the broadside shot. Then all of a sudden they all snap their heads up, freeze for a second, and take off running. I'm puzzled for a second, until I turn around and see some A-hole riding his horse through the woods behind me! I couldn't believe it. Second time this year I've had this happen to me, on the same piece of property.

So I go over and start reading this guy the riot act about how he's trespassing. All he could say was "I didn't know. It's just a bunch of farm fields." I couldn't believe it. I was like "Yeah, but they're not your fields, nor do you have permission to be on them, and there are NO TRESPASSING signs posted all over the place!" He started getting a little mouthy with me so I told him if he wanted to argue any more I would gladly call the cops and let them sort things out. That's when he turned and left.

So yeah, that's 2 trespassers this year that have screwed up my hunting. The next one I find is getting the cops called before I even approach them. 3rd time's a charm.

[:@]
Old 12-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Foiled again!

Carry a cell phone with you. Even if you don't report the next one call the landowner or even just make a phonecall to a friend and let him think you are reporting him. I did this to a guy about 3 years ago and never saw him or his friends near my land ever since.