Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What clothes do you wear? >

What clothes do you wear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What clothes do you wear?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:37 PM

Default What clothes do you wear?

What clothes do you wear while bowhunting??.....

I need to buy me some new clothes because I have outgrown all of my hunting clothes and need to get some new clothes before next year....what all do you guys wear....including boots...
Old 12-01-2003, 01:51 PM

Default RE: What clothes do you wear?

Tall rubber boots (swampers), they will not leave scent like leather or cloth boots.
My camo is " Scent Lock" that I bought this year. I killed many deer without it however, you just have to keep it and yourself as scent free as possible.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to wear polypropelene or some other sort of moisture wicking fabric next to my skin and on my feet.

Over that, I layer whatever the weather calls for. If it' s 30* or colder, usually a cotton sweatshirt and pants, then my insulated Cabelas revolution fleece as an outer layer that is wind and water proof. Stop the wind, and you' ll stay 3 times warmer than usual...

If it' s warmer, just a cotton shirt and pants and an unlined water/wind proof quiet fabric, like the Stearns growler rain suit.

After I' m dressed, I put on my ASAT 3D suit to take care of the camo requirement

On my feet, I wear Rocky Bobcat SCS boots, 600 grams of thinsulate, scent proof and breathable. If it' s really cold, a pair of rubber pack boots.

Wash all in Atsko sports wash with a scoop of generic oxyclean, air dry, store in airtight containers and spray down liberally with homeade scent killer, and I' ve yet to be busted or uncomfortable all season long...
Old 12-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

All my clothes are scent blcoker plus. I also wear Rocky Buckstalker rubber boots. I wash EVERYTHING I wear in Scent-free detergent and stor it in rubbermade bins. I put all my outerwear on when I get out of my truck. Then I spray down with scent killer spray.

J
Old 12-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Do I REALLY need to post the picture?[]

I too like some whicking undies on... even in HOT weather. I usually just wear some cotton camo and layer up. When the temp hits 30 or below I throw on my wool camo. If there is snow I throw some snowflage over that. Tall rubber boots most of the time since I bought the Alpha Burlys. They don' t make my feet sweat like the old burlys. If it gets down right fridgid I throw on some Rockies and may ever put some toe warmers in. I always wear full camo to include gloves and head net. If it' s really cold I' ll throw on a balaclava or two, glove liners made of thermax since I cut the fingers off all my other gloves. As the temps drop I add more and more layers of Smartwool etc. When I can' t button the shirt I stop adding.[:-][]
Old 12-01-2003, 04:08 PM

When 40* and under, I ususally go with 2 pair of long-johns, pair of medium weight pants, and wool bibs. I then go with one long-john top, turtle neck shirt, button up fleece and then depending on how much cooler it gets I put on a wool sweater or a fleece Sasquatch, or both. All with lacross insulated rubber boots. It I can still move, I slip my ASAT 3D over the top and I' m ready.

Oh yeah, fleece toboggan, neck gaiter and gloves.

It its hot, I wear shorts and tee shirt with my ASAT on top.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

I just wash all (including gitch and socks) of my clothes with descenting laundry detergent and store them all with cedar/pine bows. I have a set of insulated mossy oak coveralls that I wear over however many layers I have on. I have been ground hunting and have had deer come from downwind and step over me.....third one in line freaked out - still makes me chuckle. No need for scent blocker suits if you are cautious.

I almost forgot - Rubber boots are a must. pack them with your other clothes and put them on after you get out of your vehicle and turn it off.