Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

switching?

Old 11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default switching?

has anyone switched from a regular prong rest to a drop-away and noticed a great advantage at all. i am thinking of getting one but only if it will help me a bit.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: switching?

i am thinking of getting one but only if it will help me a bit.
Help you what? I have also thought about one, not to help me, but it would allow me to go with a hard helicle fletching on my arrows, that I think helps stablize them faster.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:07 PM

I thought about them then decided to go with the whisker biscuit. I love it. Had it 2 seasons now and taken 2 bucks and 2 does with it. I' m shooting carbons and the draw is quiet and the arrow cannot ever fall off the rest. I guess you lose 2-3 fps but that is nothing. I just read on this board about trimming them a bit to speed them back up. I' ll try it in the off season but don' t want to mess around with late bow still left and one more buck tag left[:-]
Old 11-25-2003, 07:08 AM

i changed to a muzzy ZE, added helical to the fletching, tightened up my grouping at all yardages. i am VERY pleased with it.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest advantage for me when I switched was the elimination of any clearence problems. Especially on heliclas.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are shooting vanes then a dropaway will help when your form is not perfect [ which for me is allways] , if you are useing feathers , I doubt you will notice any benifit .
Old 11-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Ill tell you what, i use to be anti whisker biscuit, then i bought one for my son 2yrs ago, then i missed an oppertunity at a big buck last year because when i turned to get ready for the shot a little sappling that was hanging down to the side of me knocked my arrow off my rest and i had to let up and put it back on, so i bought a whisker biscuit this year, and ill tell you i will never change rests again, it is the most perfect hunting rest ever designed, my bow shoots just as good, and the advantages of the whisker biscuit are just amazing.....
they are simple with very little to go wrong, so before you go out on a limb for one of those fance drop aways dont completly ignore the whisker biscuit....

good luck
Old 11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

I switched this season, and I bought the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone... it is SWEET! I love it, and with my helicals, and fixed blade broadheads, I can shoot out to 60 yards without any planeing at all... It' s the way to go far as I am concerned... IMO I shoot too much and my feathers, and crestings are too expensive for the wisker bisket, not to mention when I tired it is was far to loud to be drawing on a deer at 10 yards IMO...
Old 11-25-2003, 02:15 PM

I went to the biscuit this year and it is the best move I ever made IMO Set up and tuning is easy, it never gets out of tune, I never worry about hitting my arrow and knocking it off the rest and mine is quiet enough to draw at any range. You may loose 2-3fps but as mentioned that is an insignificant loss. I shoot vanes and have had no problems with them. I plan on switching to turbo nocks after the season.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

I had an arrow fall off of my wrest (actually forgo to put it on [&:]) so I' m switching to a wisker buiscit next season.

Quick Reply: switching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.